PDA

View Full Version : Pardee 2/10 report

Garry
02-12-2007, 12:07 PM
fished in teh rain. *trolled from the main cove area all the way to the river mouth - teh better area was south of the little island that is poking out of the water near the pump station. *8 take downs with 4 fish on ice. *largest was 4 1/4 lbs and almost 22 inches, the others ranged from 3 pounds down to 2 pounds.

what worked: *sep's orange scented grub, orange/gold f7 rapala, uncle larrys pearl tiger spinner w/ nightcrawler. *all scented with pro-cures anise/krill gel scent. *topline down to 30 feet and sideplaned with a Sep's sideplaner.

we caught the 4 pounder on a sideplaned rapala. *the rain/wind made the waves big so it was tuff to tell at time if we had a fish on the sideplaner. *after a few reel-ins, we just left it out. *well when this fish hit, the rod bent down and stayed down, it hit hard and fought well.
garry

AllFishNoWork
02-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Congrats on the big fish Garry! I've used the side planer and know what you mean by sometimes it is hard to tell if you got fish on. I hope to give Pardee another go this week.

Trygve
02-12-2007, 09:42 PM
I am planning to hit Pardee for my first time this week. Is the ramp in pretty good shape?

AllFishNoWork
02-12-2007, 09:45 PM
I was there last Wed, or was it Tue :-? ::), but the ramp is in good order.