PDA

View Full Version : Berryessa

Munnster
02-03-2007, 06:56 PM
On the water at Berryessa today around 10:00 am. Figured it would be a late bite like everywhere else. Trolled the dam area for about an hour for one small king on a blue cripplure at 50'!! Went to my favorite area near Spanish Flat for a big zero! Graphed only a few fish which was unusual for that area. Had only a limited amount of time but at least I wanted to let others know that it's not quite happening for the kings yet. Hopefully others out there will post there results. Water temp 50 degrees and like glass.

Fisher-Munn

firetrout
02-03-2007, 07:28 PM
Good to see you checking thing out for us rookies :-? When I see a great report from YOU I will make my journey.

Are you going to Almanor this summer? I'll be there the 2 nd week.

RAT
02-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Launched at Berryessa Marina (free this time of year) and ran up to the causeway aka Eticura Creek fill. *Caught two nice bass while drifting minnows for trout and one copepod infested trout on a minnow and bobber at 5 ft. *Came back to Putah Creek bridge and caught 1 - 2# trout on a trolled Pin Minnow (toplining), it was also so ugly that I shook the lure out of its mouth with the pliers. *I don't understand what's happened to this once great fishery.

kokoloco
02-03-2007, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the report Ken. *I'll be there in 2 weeks. *I hope things start to turn on by then. *I'll be at Camanche on Monday and hope to have a good report from there. [smiley=winkfs.gif]

Kok

Rod Bender
02-04-2007, 03:59 AM
Fishermunn, thanks for checking out Berryessa out for us. Might be another month before the Kings really get going.

FISHINFOOL
02-05-2007, 09:02 AM
Launched at Berryessa Marina (free this time of year) and ran up to the causeway aka Eticura Creek fill. *Caught two nice bass while drifting minnows for trout and one copepod infested trout on a minnow and bobber at 5 ft. *Came back to Putah Creek bridge and caught 1 - 2# trout on a trolled Pin Minnow (toplining), it was also so ugly that I shook the lure out of its mouth with the pliers. *I don't understand what's happened to this once great fishery.

The trout up there have had that problem for a few years now,fortunaly it evendently dosen't spread to the other species up there.They just can't get rid of it,I think how bad it gets depends on the year.I've heard reports some that it wasn't to bad 1 year & another year you can't find trout w/out them copods. ::)
Paul
Lonewolf