PDA

View Full Version : Folsom 1/28 Slow

no_anchor
01-28-2007, 02:38 PM
It was a very slow day for us. We ended up getting only 2 kings today and those were the only 2 hits we had. Fished from 9 to 1:30. It was breezy when we first arrived then the wind layed down for the rest of the day. The fish were caught at 30 and 35 feet, one on an apex and the other on an excel. There were alot of boats but not alot of nets. Curiuos to see how anybody did out there. Hopeully it was just the weather change that slowed the bite. I'll give it shot next week.
No Anchor

Frd
01-28-2007, 03:01 PM
I was also out on Folsom doing the same thing as you were. I was there on Thursday. I tried trolling just like you for one King. I gave up in an hour and tried Bass fishing. I found the water to be 47 in the north fork and gave up in another hour. I think in general the water is too cold.

no_anchor
01-28-2007, 03:06 PM
Fred,
The bad thing about today was I did good yesterday and the fishing has been good for the last couple of weeks. Of course I told the guy I took today it was good. Made a liar out of me.

isaaco77
01-28-2007, 04:23 PM
I noticed the lake was down a couple of feet while I was on a walk with my family. I bet that had something to do with the slow down in the bite.