PDA

View Full Version : Rancho Seco

gills
01-22-2007, 08:09 AM
Went out 1-20 off the banks at Rancho Seco I was south of the swin area in the cove from 7 to 11 am, nothing, tried everything from berkley trout worms with power bait to kastmasters and wooly bugers...Next time ill bring the boat!!! Seen one caught and lost by another fisherman... Any body else do any good out there????

jglunt
01-22-2007, 02:10 PM
i went last week.. no luck at all, no bites or anything. It was really windy and cold so the conditions were not the greatest. Tried powerbait, worm/mallow and spinners all over the lake.

fish2live2fish
01-22-2007, 02:35 PM
I have been going to RS a lot lately and it seems to me that unless you are seeing fish active on the top its almost impossible to get a bite. That being said, I have had really good luck from the float tube and canoe in the 2 large southern coves around 8 - 9:30 am and then again from 4 pm and later. I have just been using either power bait or power worms with a waterbobber and a slow retrieve. Just adjust how much water you put in the bobber untill you find the deapth they are biting at. Hope that helps! :)