PDA

View Full Version : Anyone doing Pine Ftal tomorrow 1-20?

Trolling Scotsman
01-19-2007, 11:51 AM
Sorry guys, I am not sure what I did wrong but the results of todays trip got moved to the bottom of this string. You will need to scroll to the bottom to read the report...

Jim

My old fishing buddy is finaly on the mend and ready to get back to some serious fishing. We will be launching from Trimmer at about 7:00 am in the morning. Anyone else headed up that way tomorrow? I will have the VHF on channel 69 so give me a shout if you can make it...

Jim

Snowtrout
01-19-2007, 12:13 PM
Might go out on sunday and I do have an open seat if anyone is interested.

fishon_chris
01-19-2007, 02:19 PM
Not me I will be there next friday at noon and be there untill sat around 4pm or so.cant wait for the minifest next weekend.

Trolling scottsman let us know how you did up in trimmer.Good luck

Chris :)

robby_mannon
01-19-2007, 04:41 PM
Jim,

I will be launching at Trimmer also about 6:30. I'm going to head up towards Big Creek first. I'm sure Ill see you out there.

Robby,

Ray@q97
01-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Not tomorrow Jim, sorry, maybe Sunday but it is a long shot.....

Looks like I am going to be able to go back to work on Monday on a limited basis........looking forward to it......I have learned that working is a privilege, anyone that ever had to stay home will agree.........it sucks.......wish me luck......

Ray

mtalley
01-19-2007, 07:54 PM
Looks like I'm going to fish the am w/ two buddies. I think we'll launch at trimmer. If we catch anything I'll report.

Ironhead
01-19-2007, 09:12 PM
Sorry guys, off to Pedro in the morning. Those 3 lb Kings are worth the drive every time. If I ever had any luck at PF, I sure hope I saved it for next weekend. I would not want to use it up on the weekend before the big day....

Ironhead

Ironhead
01-19-2007, 09:14 PM
Not tomorrow Jim, sorry, maybe Sunday but it is a long shot.....

Looks like I am going to be able to go back to work on Monday on a limited basis........looking forward to it......I have learned that working is a privilege, anyone that ever had to stay home will agree.........it sucks.......wish me luck......

Ray

Glad to hear you are making it back to work. The process has been long for you, congrats on your big day.

Greg

first5
01-20-2007, 08:42 AM
good luck, Ray. hoping for the best for you. ;)

fishlipd
01-20-2007, 08:54 AM
work is just that. they don't call it getting up and going to "fun" in the morning. fishing's still way better than my best day at work.

Trolling Scotsman
01-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Hi All,

Well it was sure great to have my old fishing buddy “Mr. Smifers”, as I call him, back fishing with me again. He has been on the mend for the last few months and is finally in good enough shape to get back out on the lake. We launched from Trimmer this morning at about 7:00 am and I picked up a nice 16 ½ inch bow just about the time we got to Sycamore Creek. He hit on a Rainbow colored Apex that I was top lining. This is the first time I have ever fished with only a lure attached. There were no flashers or weights so this thing was right on top of the water. My buddy picked up a 12 inch bow a short time after that on a rainbow colored Rapala. I then picked up a nice sized bow on a Berkley “Gulp” rubber worm on a wedding ring and a couple of pieces of corn. I was running it behind a Dave Davis lake troll. Unfortunately he shook the hook just as I got him to the boat. Things really shut down so we trailered the bat about 11:30 and headed home.

I ran into Fish-N-Foo at the launch. He was headed out in his boat to pick up a friend at one of the other docks. I didn’t get to talk to him any more so I don’t know how he did. I did get to talk to Powderman Rob. I think he said he had picked up a couple bows but it sounded like his day was much the same as mine. I am sure we will have posts from them later on.

There was apparently an accident of some kind because a Life Flight Helicopter landed on the hill just west of the trimmer launch and airlifted someone off the mountain. I noticed some motorcycle riders hanging around and I wonder if one of their fellow bike riders found one of those frozen patches in the road and took a spill. Anyway, we will most likely hear about it on the news.

I am looking forward to meeting a lot of you next weekend. I am not so sure I am up to camping over night though. Some how the thought of sleeping in a tent in the middle of January doesn’t motivate me much. If I can find a tent heater, I might consider it. Otherwise I will just come up for the day Saturday. I hope to meet a lot of you next weekend.

Happy fishing, Jim

Educator_Jon
01-20-2007, 09:31 PM
Jim...you are like me...camping in a tent doesn't sound like a lot of fun in January. Zinger and I will be up there Saturday and look forward to visiting.

We are headed to Don Pedro tomorrow to see if we can pick up any of those kings. We'll post tomorrow to let you know how we did.

See you Saturday

Jon