PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Cliffs 1/5/07

thejonlee
01-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Got out there around 7:05, headed straight for the 3rd dock as reccommended by badger (fellow sniffer) and threw out a few poles with my bud. one had lemon twist + worm, other had green + worm, and one had lime twist power eggs. hit at around 8 on the lemon twist + worm. hooked it real easy, brought her in and it started jumping around. it was a great fight and a fun fish to bring in ;D. netted it, unhooked it, took a pic with my phone (poor quality), and then threw her back in. fished for about an hour and half more with no results. gave up on the 3rd dock, and headed towards the 2nd dock. heard one guy caught three and had just left bc it was so windy. threw out a few poles, same bait. no bites after an hour and a half -- so we headed to stanley. got there, no one but like 2 parties had any fish. one party had one fish another party had 2 fish. seemed like a really slow day. got to stanley around 10:45 or 11 or so. fished with some power eggs, powerbait, the usual. no results. slow day overall. plan on headin to Los Vaqueros on either sat. or sun. bc they planted today. hope to see a few of you out there 8-)

Jon

badger
01-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Well at least you didn't get skunked. How was the wind out there? It was pretty gusty here in San Carlos today.

Better luck at Los Vaqueros.

xcybertrek
01-05-2007, 09:24 PM
Shadow Cliffs have been tough lately!!!

Schu
01-06-2007, 03:50 AM
Shadow Cliffs is good when the other lakes get muddy, So far Del Valle is the ticket for the East Bay. ;)

thejonlee
01-06-2007, 12:51 PM
Well at least you didn't get skunked. How was the wind out there? It was pretty gusty here in San Carlos today.

Better luck at Los Vaqueros.

yea im glad i didn't get completely skunked- that first fish was a fun one.

yes, it was SUPER windy. i think it was about 40 deg. but with the wind it felt like -5 deg. F which i have experienced before! haha. the wind was coming down like southeast in direction so when i went to stanley the large hill blocked the wind.