PDA

View Full Version : Tulloch Res. 12-30-06

SneakAttack
12-31-2006, 09:08 AM
Took Dad to Tulloch, boated 1, lost 2 nice breakers. Used FireTiger NeedleFish trolled @ 10-15 ft. Largest shaker was 3-5 lbs across from Hotel along the Green Creek arm. 2.2 keeper across from marina along deep channel on the Stanislas arm.

Best quote from another boat:

Us: How you doing?
Them: One more and we'll have one!

That sums up 5.5 hours of fishing, slow...

derrickrosare
12-31-2006, 04:34 PM
At least you got to see one! Get'em another day!

SneakAttack
12-31-2006, 04:49 PM
First time fishing Tulloch. I'm impressed w/the lake in general. Was glad just to be out there w/Dad. :D

It's funny. Dad's been fishing Melones since the early 80's. He'd never taken me (in my youth) to Tulloch, so I figured it was time to take him there. We're definitely going to do it again. We like the quality of the holdover trout. Fantastic color on the fish we did boat, and the color on the two that broke surface during fight, one word, amazing. Rare seeing color like that in Melones.

derrickrosare
12-31-2006, 05:00 PM
I grew up going to Tulloch on the weekends for boating and fishing. It is a nice lake! The sumertime is over crowded though. And most importantly alot of nice fish!

tortuga
12-31-2006, 05:41 PM
Been here like 6 years and never tried Tulluch. Where do you launch, what does it cost, any special regulations? Maybe we'll give it a try.
Tight lines
Tortuga

SneakAttack
12-31-2006, 09:17 PM
There's north and south launch ramps. North launch from o'Bernys (sp?) Ferry Rd and South is Tulloch lake rd. We launched from North and cost us $15. Watch the ramp as it has a bad hitch in it's giddy-up. Before launching, scope it out. It'll save you from saying "wholly s###" when the boat hits the water.

Otherwise just a CA permit and no "fishing fee's". Would recommend doing what the locals were doing and troll NeedleFish up Green Creek arm back to Hotel and then up Stanislas arm past the bridge.