PDA

View Full Version : Easy access Golden Trout in nor cal?

troutndeer
12-30-2006, 07:31 PM
Just wondering if there is any easy access golden trout in nor cal?

Mad_Russian
12-30-2006, 10:38 PM
As far as I know, there's no easy access to golden trout in Nor Cal, and accessible places are under 3-5 feet of snow by now, Tioga Pass been closed for a while :)

troutfan
12-31-2006, 05:16 AM
Easy access Golden trout is an oxi-moron. ;)

bankerbull
12-31-2006, 06:54 AM
As far as I know, there's no easy access to golden trout in Nor Cal, and accessible places are under 3-5 feet of snow by now, Tioga Pass been closed for a while :)

Are there golden trout in Lake Ellery?? Or Tenaya Lake ??

Mad_Russian
12-31-2006, 08:25 AM

Are there golden trout in Lake Ellery?? Or Tenaya Lake ?? *
Let's talk about Tenaya Lake 8-) It is set at 8,141 feet and covers 150 acres. The lake was named after Chief Tenaya of the Ahwahneechee Indian tribe, who was Yosemite's last Indian chief and caretaker before the entire tribe was deported to a reservation by an army troop. Terrible fishing at Lake Tenaya is often called '' Tenaya's revenge '' , you might as well fish at home in a bathtub.
As far as I know, there's no golden trout in Lake Ellery, but you may catch a whole bunch of bows and some small brookies, note the word small. Hope this helps :)

tcbritton
12-31-2006, 11:06 AM
I caught one when I was in boyscout up at the top of horse tall falls I believe it aloha lake but that was back in 84. Ill tell you it tasted so good but then after hiking up there and back pollywogs would of tasted good :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mr_Ed
12-31-2006, 12:47 PM
There is no such thing as "easy" when these fish are at

elevations over 9,000 feet !!

The minimum distance from a road that I have ever found, was
1.6 miles , in northern Washington !!

This was straight up over a long granite boulder field!!