PDA

View Full Version : Del Valle or Shadow Cliffs for trout tomorrow?

badger
12-21-2006, 09:10 AM
I took tomorrow off and wanted to do some trout fishing since the bass fishing is so slow. I am planning on taking my Pontoon boat out but can't decide on which lake to go to if I am only targeting trout.

If I go to Del Valle I know I should work just outside of the boat launch and the shallow side of the narrows.

What about Shadow Cliffs? If I go there, what areas are best from a 'toon?

Thanks.

troutboy
12-21-2006, 05:29 PM
haha. I have the exact same problem. I can't decide to Pontoon at Shadowcliff, Del Valle, or to bank fish from Chabot.....

I know i'll catch something a Del Valle, but Shadow cliff is much more calm (less wind) and pleasant to pontoon from (and much clearer). However, I get skunked sometimes from Shadow.

Chabot is less work (fishing from the shore) and sometimes good fishing too...

Phisherman44
12-21-2006, 05:54 PM
Hey Troutboy or anyopne i guess..been to shadow cliffs lately? thinking about it this weekend for a couple hour tube cruise...any report would be apprciated...P.S. i get skunked there too but it is a nice ake to tube or toon. Peace
Jeff

namjagerungbengi
12-21-2006, 06:03 PM
hm... todays rain probably muddied the water some

badger
12-21-2006, 07:32 PM
haha. I have the exact same problem. I can't decide to Pontoon at Shadowcliff, Del Valle, or to bank fish from Chabot.....
I decided to go to Shadow Cliffs tomorrow so if you go to SC and see a Camo Unimog (big military truck) in the parking lot, float by on the 'toon. I'll be the one in the ODC 816.

MinnowMagnet
12-21-2006, 08:13 PM
I have been nailing them off the docks in shadow cliffs.

badger
12-21-2006, 10:23 PM
I have been nailing them off the docks in shadow cliffs.
I just read your two threads, great catches!

The_FNG
12-22-2006, 07:06 PM
Badger, do you ever fish Quarry? I thought I saw your Unimog there a few weeks back.

badger
12-22-2006, 08:40 PM
Badger, do you ever fish Quarry? I thought I saw your Unimog there a few weeks back.
Yeah I mainly fish at Shadow Cliffs or Quarry Lakes. Quarry is only 30 minutes from me so I do go there a lot. That was me there a few week ago, you'll know it's mine if you see a large green www.rccrawler.com sticker across the back doors.

If I am shore fishing you will see me with a rccrawler.com t-shirt or sweatshirt on.

badger
12-22-2006, 09:02 PM
I forgot to give my report from fishing shadow cliffs today.

I turned out to be a very weird and drawn out morning for me so I did not make it to Shadow Cliffs until noon. ::) I fished from the swim area down past the second dock and back. It seemed like the most action was in between the first dock and the boat rentals dock. I got a few bites and landed one 12-14" trout, very nice looking. I went to take a picture and no memory card in the camera. >:( I saw 3 fish caught in that area in the early afternoon, 1 from a shore fisherman.

I caught mine on a silver and blue kastmaster. I threw out a couple Rapala's, different colored kastmasters and several different power baits and white power eggs with no action at all.

It was a slightly windy when first got there but the winds died down and it turned out to be a very nice day on the water.

I saw a lot of fly fisherman today, at least 5.