PDA

View Full Version : Folsom 12/16

no_anchor
12-17-2006, 09:07 AM
Hit folsom pt. launch at 7 and was the only trailer in the parking lot. Headed over to the morman island area for one small bump. After working the area for a couple of hours headed over to the dam area where we marked alot of fish. Once we isolated some good schools of salmon we started hooking up. The fish seem to be holding off of rock piles in about 50 ft. We ended up boating 7 small kings from 10" to 15". We were trolling excels with pro cure shad gel smeared on them. Had the riggers at 35 and 40' trolling at 2.5 mph. The pearl colored excel seemed to be the lure of choice today with it getting 5 out of the 7. Almost every rockpile or hump in the 40 to 50 ft range had alot of bait and alot of tight archs around them. Had to leave around noon so we couldnt really work all of them like I wanted, but we were still getting bit as we left. The bite turned on around 9:30 as the folsom bit usually does. Water temp was 54.6 and stayed that way the whole morning. We did try top lining but didnt get a sniff.

tdrobison
12-17-2006, 02:35 PM
Nice report, congrats on the fish!

I couldn't get anything to stick yesterday.

--BlueFin

SideJump
12-17-2006, 04:44 PM
So that's where they were at. I have to try there next time. Thanks for the report no_anchor.

SideJump

Silver_Streak
12-17-2006, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the report, No Anchor. I've had good luck also out there by the dam in the past. Usually, a little later in the year, though. ;)

Rebelflag
12-18-2006, 05:09 PM
Its good to know that people are catching fish I will ttry my luck at those elusive kings tomorrow morning until about one. Is anyone else going to be out there? Anchor where did you get that pearl colored excell i have been loking for them for a while and fishermans wherehouse has been out. :)

no_anchor
12-18-2006, 05:30 PM
Rebelflag,
I got the pearl color at FW in sacramento about 6 months ago. I must have got lucky because they had about 8 different colors, they must have just got a shipment in. My dad just bought some at the FW in rocklin last week so you might try there also. Good luck tommorrow.

Chris