PDA

View Full Version : Lake Almanor Report?

BrownMeat
12-16-2006, 11:25 AM
Anyone fish Lake Almanor recently? If so, where would be the best place for bank fishing? I might head up there tommorow for a quickie

Any tips?

thanks !

calebetis
12-16-2006, 04:46 PM
I was up about a month ago. Hamilton Branch is always a safe bet, but I would go to Geritol Cove on the south side of the dam. The cove between the dam and lauch ramp. Alot of fish holding in that area, several locals getting limits and dare I say some brown trout as well. Us boaters were actually casting closer to shore, in the shallows. Marked fish all over and SDR a big one near the bouy.

Good luck...I love that lake, be sure to report back.

greenman

BrownMeat
12-16-2006, 06:46 PM
thanks for the tip greenman! i'll bring an assortment of stuff to use, see if anything works... hopefully we'll catch something up there!

ParadisePontoon
12-16-2006, 07:13 PM
I would recommend fishing at the Canyon Dam launch area, also. Use powerbait or inflated 'crawlers off the bottom in the coves near the launch area. The fish aren't quite as schooled-up as a month or so ago, but are still cruising, actively looking for food.
Good luck!

lunkers
12-17-2006, 02:54 PM
hey i fished there on yesterday did really good trolling top water nothing else with grubs and on ther other pole was just a worm

BrownMeat
12-17-2006, 04:41 PM
Report:

Me + 2 Guys, we were bank fishing

Me: 1 Bite, got off, hook was too small I guess. I used powerbait with a egg sinker

Guy1: 1 Bite, same.

Guy 2: 2 Bites, landed 1 3lb Brown

We fished for about 2 hours, great weather.