PDA

View Full Version : Don Pedro  12-14

DanClark
12-14-2006, 06:31 PM
Went to pedro this morning to fish for kings. Started at 85' otw with shad and threaded nite crawlers. Started catching 12-14" kings, don't want next years fish so decided to top line for rainbows. Fished the coves in rodgers creek arm for a steady pick of rainbows. Most fish were about 14-20" and all were released at boat side, fished until I ran out of shad, top lined with small rubber core sinker no flashers or dodgers, rainbows were fat, bright, and full of fight, some would jump 2-3' several times. Water temp. 55.6-57 degrees. Had the lake to myself with a couple of bass boats.

Dan

Ironhead
12-14-2006, 06:58 PM
Dan,

Thanks for the update. Pedro is a lake that does not get much reporting on. I can tell you one thing about the rainbows up there: when they hit they like to rip the pole out of the boat and then put on a jumping show for you. Glad you had some good action. Can not make it out this weekend but planning a trip up there real soon.

Ironhead

zinger
12-14-2006, 07:06 PM
Like Ironhead said, Pedro doesn't get many reports so thanks for the update. Sounds like it's that time of year again. May be headed there this weekend, if not, over Christmas break for sure.

zinger
12-14-2006, 07:20 PM
Where is the Roger's Creek arm? I can't seem to find it on any maps. Is it near middle bay?

DanClark
12-15-2006, 07:38 AM
South arm of lake off of main body

Dan

tortuga
12-15-2006, 03:35 PM
Hey Dan
Haven't heard from you for a while. Thanks for the report. I've got 2 weeks off starting next Fri so we plan on doing Pedro some. How fast were you trolling? The bows at Meloones seem to be chasing the faster trolls lately. When you run out of shad don't forget that silver apex!
Tight lines
Tortuga

DanClark
12-15-2006, 04:48 PM
tortuga, I troll about the same speed with shad as I do for kok's, my 9.9 johnson kicker won't go slow enough unless I pull a bucket, kind of a pain but I have gotten used to it. I tried a silver prizem apex without any hits definitely a shad bite yesterday.

Good Fishing
Dan