PDA

View Full Version : Melones Night Fishing - TR

Fish_Bully
12-04-2006, 11:52 AM
I go fishing with the boys all the time. But when the girls (daughters, grand daughters, nieces) say they want to go.....I drop everything.

With the moon recent moon phases and big bubble of high pressure, I decided to change strategy. Fished all Saturday night and left about noon Sunday. Caught a ton of fish....you could say we give the lake a dry shaving.....I OWN this lake!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b51/PAkers/002_5AA.jpg

Good luck and tight lines,

Flip

Ironhead
12-04-2006, 12:59 PM
Flip,

Great job out there. That is a pretty nice looking trout that young lady is holding. Glad you had a great trip with the girls.

Ironhead

tortuga
12-04-2006, 03:48 PM
Way to go!! It is always better with the little uns fishing too. Were they all caught on bait or did you troll some in the mornibg?
Tight lines
Tortuga

snoose
12-04-2006, 03:53 PM
WTG FB, I have had a night trip on my mind for 2 days, can't find anyone willing to put up with the cold. It looks nice till Friday, maybe I can entice someone out of their caves Lol.
Snoose

Slim
12-04-2006, 09:45 PM
WTG FB, I have had a night trip on my mind for 2 days, can't find anyone willing to put up with the cold. It looks nice till Friday, maybe I can entice someone out of their caves Lol.
Snoose

Hmmmm....(?) [smiley=cold.gif] Friday night???

snoose
12-05-2006, 03:02 AM
[quote author=Fish Bully link=1165261966/0#0 date=1165261966]
....I OWN this lake!

Hey Flip, Ya better have a rabbitts foot lol a statement like that can draw a skunk from the fish Gods Lol Besides , I own the part the floating outhouse is on. Does that mean I'm full of chit? [smiley=rotfl2.gif]
Slim, Friday is sposed to be storming, we might get our first good snow. I gotta stay in town in case we have to plow.
Snoose

Fish_Bully
12-05-2006, 07:44 AM
Hey thanks guys....this was a good trip. We caught a ton of fish during the night off bait. We trolled in the AM with very limited success.

When I go night fishing with the girls I am guarenteed to stay awake all night. They will also keep the bears away in the backcountry. For some reason everything is funny and they are laughing and cackling all night long.

Snooze - I elected to go nigh fishing under the lights due to the big high pressure bubble and full moon. It worked! Also - I've been bragging and showing Melones how the cow eats the cabbage for a few years now. NEVER been skunked.....but I only fish the lake in the winter. ;D

Good luck and tight lines,

Flip

dare
12-05-2006, 11:30 AM
Your fishing partner looks like she is going to be the big catch some day. What a cutie.
Roosterfish and I are going to try a little night fishing Friday night off a friend's houseboat at McClure. We will put out a couple of sunken lights to attract some attention. We'll take along a little Don Julio to keep warm and to make our music making sound better (to us). Roosterfish plays a mean guitar and my harmonica is sounding better all the time. If you're out near the McClure point houseboats, listen for us and come by and say "hi".