PDA

View Full Version : Fishinator at RS

fishinator
12-01-2006, 05:57 PM
Well I didn't make it to Amador as planned, so I went to Rancho Seca w/ a buddy in his lil alum boat. We had the lake to ourselves, paid $8 for car & boat and had a blast. They went from 2#1oz - 2#10 oz. I have to admit, I never had this much luck before at least at RS. Nice day of fishing. Still planning to get to Amador.

Fishinator
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/2152/4570d94f000792e700003e1qg9.jpg

Troutcoach
12-01-2006, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the report fishinatory. That's a real nice looking stringer. I've never fished RS myself, but what was the hot ticket?

fishinator
12-02-2006, 05:25 AM
Troutcoach, After a few hours of trying PB, worms, top, bottom I finally saw a couple old timers land a fish on what appeared to be a kastmaster( hard to tell from about 100 yards) so I tied on old faithfull- silver kastmaster and wam! :o first fish. We used about 3 different kinds and had success with all. Not sure if this works all the time, but it sure did yesterday. The only thing I noticed about the bite is the fish seemed to like it on a almost jigging style retrieve. I met a guy out there who said the trout had been planted from the Amador stock, could be possible these were some pretty crasy fish!
fishinator

campngolf
12-02-2006, 03:49 PM
DANG!! Nice day indeed. The boys have been saying we need to go to RS and now I guess I'll have to load up the kayak and take them. How deep is that lake? Did you have you best luck by the dam?

fishinator
12-02-2006, 05:50 PM
Thanks Camp, we had our best luck hitting the coves especially on our way out to pull the boat out from the second boat launch. Not sure how deep it is, my buddy still needs a fishfinder for his boat. it was all search and hunt till we found them. Good luck out there. Don't forget the kastmasters!
fishinator

campngolf
12-02-2006, 06:02 PM
Kastmasters it is. Me and the kids will be heading out tomorrow, if we can get out of town with the CIM blocking up half the roads. *>:(

fish_junky
12-03-2006, 09:05 AM
I use to troll that lake. It was only 12 to 15 ft deep with some spots just over 20 ft. It has been a really long time since I've been there but I think I'am right. I use to troll 2 colors of leadcore to keep above all the weeds. # 1 gold needle worked :)

fishinator
12-03-2006, 09:33 AM
You are right about those weeds. I don't see how you can fish with powerbait thru all of that stuff. As soon as our lures were hitting the water we would start reel ing them in. Almost lost them a few times getting snagged in the weeds.
fishinator

hunkfisher
12-03-2006, 03:11 PM
Fishinator those are the Famous Amador Cutbows they stock the lake the rest of this month through janurary then again in feb and march for both the winter derby (DEC 8/9) and Spring trout derbies you can catch some nice fish outta there, way to go.

Brad "Hunkfisher"

[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

fishinator
12-03-2006, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the info hunkfisher. I might have to take couple more trips out there this winter. I'm thinking if maybe the same arsenol that works at Amador might work at RS as well if they are the same stock.
fishinator

hunkfisher
12-03-2006, 10:59 PM
Yes it does!!!! You just gotta find those schools unlike at Amador where there are lots of them everywhere there are usually one or two schools of the Amador fish closely followed by the DFG strain, they stick to the marina or near the marina where they were stocked I believe. But definatly bring your Amador stuffs, jigs, powerworms(Found orange to be productive but last time at amador it was Pink so give that a shot on those RS fish) and someone said trout magnets work pretty good on the fish at Seco too, heck they work at Amador! Try some roe too. Hope that helps all. Good luck to those going to the Derby this weekend.

Brad "Hunkfisher"

[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]