PDA

View Full Version : Jenkinson(Sly Park) Lake

JMat
12-01-2006, 10:48 PM
Anyone been to Jenkinson lately? Was thinking about going this weekend sometime, figured with how cold it's been the lake must have turned. I've been fishing the lake for eight years (live within a few miles) with a little success but never really found the pattern. Any info and advice would be appreciated and by the way I will be bank fishing.
Thanks for any help. JMat

Irish
12-02-2006, 09:25 AM
JMat,
The last report I read stated that Jenkinson is still experiencing a solid brown bite with fish up to 3 pounds. Bank fishing has been best with kastmasters. Hope this helps.

JMat
12-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Thanks Irish.
Spent 4 hours at the 2nd dam this morning without even a nibble, but it was such a gorgeous day I can't complain. On the bright side though, I had quite a few nice fish follow my Kastmasters in so I'll be there again at first light tomorrow morning.

Know_Excuses
12-02-2006, 08:06 PM
Good luck Jmat, if you stop by the Haven tell the owner her nephew says HI! ;D ;D

JMat
12-02-2006, 11:19 PM
Anyone planning on being there Sunday morning?

JMat

fish_junky
12-03-2006, 08:42 AM
JMat, If you fish out of a boat, try a #1 frog needle fish. That lure has never failed me yet on Jenkinsons. I've caught rainbows,browns, and macks on that lure. I fish the narrows to the back of the lake. If your off the bank try casting one with a split shot.

Good Luck