PDA

View Full Version : New Melones  12/1 still *in transition

snoose
12-01-2006, 05:21 PM
We were on the water at 0500. water temp 57+. by 3:30 it was 58. Everyone I talked with had the same story, a few planters, we got 2, but nothing else. It was like a spring day today, My prediction is at least another 2 weeks.
We did see two nice 4#+ bows at G/H sports. caught on pb at angels cove. off the bank.
Snoose
Ps I even drug shadraps through shad balls at 80 to 100 ft for zip.

JoeTech
12-01-2006, 09:31 PM
snoose - Thanks for the report, looks like that lake can be hit or miss. The only way to catch a big one is to get out try. Keep it up and keep the reports coming. Cant wait to give that lake another try.

Joe

iron-man
12-01-2006, 11:06 PM
Keep at it Snooze. Sooner or later they should start biting regularly. I was up there last Sat for a couple of small ones. I went striper fishing yesterday, caught 9 or so. One fair fish the rest were 2-3 inches on either side of legal.Somebody has got to be up there keeping the fish stirred up, might as well be you.The next 10 lber might be right around the corner. Good luck. iron-man

Ironhead
12-02-2006, 07:00 AM
Snoose,

Keep after them. We are all so anxious for the fishing to start up there. the wait is killing most.

Ironhead

Fish_Bully
12-02-2006, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the report Snooze. We are going to go give it a try tomorrow anyways. Fishing may not beat catching but it beats staying at home.

The moon is pretty large right now too....may have to adjust the strategy.

Flip

snoose
12-02-2006, 12:10 PM
Flip, dang, ya found the secret to my prediction lol. With the barometer all over the place and coming on a full moon I am gonna stay home. I found out yesterday, again lol, 11 hours of fishing sure tires ya out. I missed puting the pens in at melones this morning. Called Goose and told him I was too tired.

nhbfishin
12-02-2006, 02:24 PM
Im taking a break from sturgeon fishing and heading to melones sunday night fishing the evening bite and fishing monday morning. Im armed with rapalas, apex, cowbells, ford fenders, dodgers and lots of crawlers. we will see how it goes. Steven.

tortuga
12-02-2006, 08:09 PM
Bet you 11 hours wouldn't hurt so bad if it was catching instead of just fishin and wishin.
Missed ya out there today.
Tortuga