PDA

View Full Version : Question about trout on the Sac River in Red Bluff

boot-boy
11-30-2006, 04:20 PM
I just got back from fishing the Sac in Red Bluff and I found a hole where I was pullin out 6-8 rainbows every cast and the unfortunate occasional 4-5lb squaw. My question is, will there be larger rainbow in this hole or is it just a safe haven for these little babies???

bankerbull
11-30-2006, 04:26 PM
I just got back from fishing the Sac in Red Bluff and I found a hole where I was pullin out 6-8 rainbows every cast and the unfortunate occasional 4-5lb squaw. *My question is, will there be larger rainbow in this hole or is it just a safe haven for these little babies???

Boot, you say 6-8 rainbows..does this mean 6 to 8 trout, does this mean 6/8 inch, or 6/8 pounds..?? I'm guessing its the size because you say every cast...all right, out with it, where is this hole?? *lol my answer to your question is the larger fish usually like deeper waters, so you will most likely, given patience, haul out a hog sooner or later..good luck.. *[smiley=thumbup.gif] *[smiley=odie.gif]

boot-boy
11-30-2006, 04:33 PM
Yeah, oooopppss, meant 6-8 inches. Well, that's good to know that there may be a hog hangin out in there, probably just need to cast a little further out. I'll keep givin it a go, makes it pretty easy when the hole is right in front of my house too... ;D