PDA

View Full Version : Del Valle ** PICS ADDED **

fshfactor1
10-22-2006, 07:15 AM
Had a great day fishing Del Valle 10-21-06 with my son, daughter, and my mom. *The kids caught 7 of the 10 fish we brought home, my mom had 2, and I had 1. *Largest going just under 6 lbs, 4 weighed over 4 lbs each, others in the 3 - 4 pound range. *All caught on Chartreuse powerbait off the beach area. *I'll post pictures as soon as I get em developed. *Largest fish was the last fish of the day and was caught by my son on his Spiderman pole, LOL, it was a great day!

Cleaning them wasn't very fun as they were all huge fish. *The walk back to the parking lot was tough as we had 35+ lbs, I had no idea that the walk would seem so long.

What a memory though, it was great watching them catch these fish by themselves, I can't wait to post pics

And it was one of those days where everyone else around us was just watching and wondering why they weren't catching any. *When we left, I grabbed the man next to us and his 2 children and told them to fish in that spot because we were leaving. *No sooner than he moved, his daughter hooked up a 4+ pound fish

I just had to share~

Sean~

Hooked
10-22-2006, 08:21 PM
Great report Sean, I had fun reading it. I too have some of these day where I wonder why is that other guy catching all the fish and I'm not :'(.

How is the temp on the lake these days? could you give any details like when where on the water and how long the leader?
I'm guessing that the fish was close to shore since your kids who probably couldn't cast too far where the ones catching all fish, right ;)?
Thanks
Hooked

badbobfishing33
10-23-2006, 08:34 AM
wow guess its time to hit that lake....the beach area I thought was shallow ...sounds like a great day how fun

johnbfishin
10-23-2006, 08:43 AM
I was fishing Del Valle Sat. also but I was trolling. I trolled Rapalas through the narrows but didn't get so much as a bite. I headed for the dam and caught a nice 3.5# bow on a pinns minnow 42' down on the rigger. I had one other bite that didn't stick and that was it. I did see someone catch one from the bank near the dam, looked like a nice fish.
The surface temp was 64* so the water is cooling off. 8-)

Devon
10-23-2006, 12:01 PM
Sounds great! I love to see kids fishing

trouter
10-23-2006, 04:29 PM
Fshfactor1,

The beach you are referring to is the one by the boat ramp, or the visitor center?

Thanks

proudpapa
10-23-2006, 09:47 PM
Hey trouter I believe the beach area being referred to is the swim beach area to the left of the main marina. Last year this time that was the hot area tons of boaters and bankers in that area.

badbobfishing33
10-24-2006, 12:06 PM
i thought it was really shallow right there??? :-? :-/

trouter
10-25-2006, 08:14 PM
Thanks proud papa, I'll have to give Del Valle a try

dirty3hirties
10-26-2006, 12:46 PM
badbob:

i thought it was really shallow right there???

It is....but I've noticed that freshly planted trout will hang around in the shallows...probably too stunned to know any better. ;) Eventually, they'll move off.

Earlyo
10-28-2006, 10:48 AM
Nice report. Lets see some pictures of your catch though. I am going to have to get out there tomorrow maybe for some fishing.

fshfactor1
10-28-2006, 10:51 AM
Here are a few pics from our outting, sorry it took so long. *We fished the beach area right at the end of the walkway near the marina. *Chartreuse colored powerbait, sliding sinker 14 - 18 inch leaders # 10 hook, 5 lb test. *The kids had the trip of their life!

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/590/medium/022_4A.JPG
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/590/medium/013_13A.JPG
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/590/medium/018_8A.JPG

Earlyo
10-28-2006, 10:54 AM
Wow that was the fastest response to a picture posting in history! Nice pictures! Thanks

firetrout
10-28-2006, 11:15 AM
Fantastic !

That's what it's all about. *Kids having a blast. *

I was out there 10 days ago trolling for Nada. *The lake is ablout 8 feet in the beach area and that is where you find them this time of year. ;)

The water is high this year than I ever seen for end of October.

troutfan
10-28-2006, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the nice pics! I love seeing kids with trout, their smiles are priceless.

fishwalla
10-28-2006, 03:35 PM
I just sold my boat to a friend who lives 10 min from Del Valle.Part of the deal was that in exchange for giving him the "buddy price" on the boat he had to take me fishing whenever I want.Looks like it's time to give him a call and set up a day on the water there.Nice pics and happy kids,looks like you guys had a great day.I hope we catch a few of those fat trout too and maybe some stripers.See you out there. :)