PDA

View Full Version : trout at arden pond?

tuby
10-23-2006, 02:09 PM
has anyone fished the arden pond (aka william b. pond)? off of arden way and fair oaks blvd in sac/rancho cordova. just wondering if there are trouts in the pond, i heard there were but just wondering if anyone has caught any in there.

i went to amador on sat 10/21 used kastmaster, rostertail, pb, worms w/marshmellow...got skunked...that's all i have to say. though there were schools of fish swimming around

Empire
10-23-2006, 02:45 PM
DFG usually makes a few trips there every year with the planting truck. I have not heard of any holdover trout coming out of there. Keep an eye on the DFG website that lists lakes to be planted.

Check this site regularly:

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fishplant/fishplant_r2.html

keviwa
10-24-2006, 05:52 AM
Tuby,
The best spot to land trout there is on the s/w corner of the pond.
If your at the pier, follow the lake to the right all the way down to the river. At that end you'll find an open flat spot with a cobblestone bottom. You can also park at the Harrison takeout and walk the dirt road down river about 1/2 mile, it'll take you to it as well. Havent fished it in several years now, but all the trout I've caught there have been from that spot. Wait till its been planted. When the river runs high during the winter/spring it normaly blows all the fish out of there.
Kevin

tuby
10-24-2006, 09:15 AM
thanks for the info kevin....another note, i'm kinda scared leaving my car that far. i mean, my car isn't all that but thieves these days will steal anything. went up to nimbus for some salmon last year and theives broke in my car and one thing they stole was my BIBLE!!!!!
but i'll try it out one day when there's lots of people at the park.

mike22ca
10-24-2006, 09:26 AM
I fished that pond for years when I was younger. I don't think they have planted trout in there yet this year, but Im not sure. We've caught just about everything in there, hatchery trout, crappie, bluegills, cats, largemouth & smallmouth bass, enourmous carp, salmon & steelhead (river was hight and running through the pond lol). It can be a great little place. I've caught trout just about every where in there, but the 4 corners of the lake were pretty good. The 2 back corners were definitly the best though.

tuby
10-27-2006, 07:11 AM
i'm probably gonna try it out today after work for about an hr or two. i'll probably be there around 5:30. i'll be wearing a blue polo shirt and brown pants if yall wanna come join me...gonna try for watever is biting, i just wanna fish.... ;)

cjskier
10-27-2006, 07:09 PM
You need to wait for DFg to plant again. The temps of the water wer in the 70's way to hot for trout.

tuby
10-27-2006, 09:01 PM
i checked it out after work..didn't get to fish. i just wanted to see how the place was like. i went to the pier and looked around...saw a few 6-8 carps about 3-5lbs....the water looks low. i'll probably just try there for catfish or bass until they stock with trout...just wanted to let you guys know...