PDA

View Full Version : loon lake this coming weekend

lazylab
10-23-2006, 06:13 PM
headed to loon with the wife an dogs going to meet saltydog an family plus dolpinwalker an family who has not been on the boards for a while. campin in the lot i geuss? has anyone been there , the divide guys have any info.

LD
10-23-2006, 07:44 PM
The last time I was there I had good luck with watermelon dodger, Sidekick or CB wild thing, and worm combo. I did not fish any deeper than I think 7-10 ft, and did quite well. Also used grubs and had a good bite on those too. I posted on the 15th, you can check that out... ;)

lazylab
10-24-2006, 05:31 PM
lite drag nice post ;) the weekend is a go hopefully have the same luck, need to get the wartermelon dodgers an kicks . thanx for the info , come on up if you have the chance. guess the campgrounds are closed so will be in the lot. blue suburban white jetcraft 8-)

Gmac
10-26-2006, 12:57 PM
I was there last week. The dock was pulled up the ramp and out of the water. Watch the winds when you take out.

bankerbull
10-26-2006, 02:23 PM
I was there last week. *The dock was pulled up the ramp and out of the water. *Watch the winds when you take out.

hey Gm, how would I get to Loon Lake from Modesto? Is it up towards hiway 50, 80? Thanks Steveo ;)

Gmac
10-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Take hwy 50 to S. Fork American River, shown as Riverton on some maps. Immediately after crossing the river turn left on Ice House Rd. and follow the signs to Loon Lake. Just before you get to the lake take a right onto the access road to the launch ramp and campgrounds (campgrounds are probably closed by now, but there's lots of room in the boat launch parking lot). Signage for the turnoff to the ramp and campgound isn't very good...if you get to the dam you've gone to far.

bankerbull
10-26-2006, 05:09 PM
Take hwy 50 to S. Fork American River, shown as Riverton on some maps. *Immediately after crossing the river turn left on Ice House Rd. and follow the signs to Loon Lake. *Just before you get to the lake take a right onto the access road to the launch ramp and campgrounds (campgrounds are probably closed by now, but there's lots of room in the boat launch parking lot). *Signage for the turnoff to the ramp and campgound isn't very good...if you get to the dam you've gone to far.

Thanx guy I may head over there Saturday, I love checking out new waters ta fish...Steve

lazylab
10-26-2006, 05:34 PM
4x4hummin hope you stop by 8-) litedrag i sent you a pm , plenty of room 8-) stop on by never to many people :) l/d i will leave by 330 pm or call if the pm went through. see ya ;)

bankerbull
10-26-2006, 06:38 PM
4x4hummin hope you stop by *8-) litedrag i sent you a pm , plenty of room *8-) stop on by never to many people :) l/d i will leave by 330 pm or call if the pm went through. see ya *;)

Thanx LazyLab, if I do go where are ya going to be? By the launch area or campgrounds?, you'll probably be on the water...unless ya bank fish like me,, let me know, I may drive on up...thanks, Steve

lazylab
10-27-2006, 02:22 PM
4x4hummin will be on the water , hopefully see the yellow hummer pull in. have the room, so hope ta see ya 8-)