PDA

View Full Version : French Meadows question

viperbsd
10-25-2006, 01:50 PM
Well since Amador is not doing to good yet I am thinking of going to French Meadows this Sat and was wondering if anyone had been up there lately, and if so how was the fishing and the water level ? I dont remember how to get there (been 10 years) so if anyone can give me directions as well that would be great.

Thanks
Jeff

lazylab
10-25-2006, 04:09 PM
you may try foresthill out of auburn, not sure the road is open mosqito rigde. georgetown i think is 11 pines not sure :-[ been a while that way :)

paulbr
10-26-2006, 07:25 AM
Howdy viper

Was at FM the last week of Sept. The water level was really high for this time of year. Lots of ramp still in the water. Fishing was pretty good, although nothing big. One guy said he had caught two at about three pounds though.

To get there, get off I-80 at Foresthill exit above Auburn. Go to Foresthill. At the lower end of town just past the second gas station watch for the sign on the right for the Mosquito Ridge Road. Turn there and it's about 36 miles from there to the first boat ramp. Mosquito Ridge road has been opened since about Sept 22 after the Ralston fire. It's about 55 miles or so and an hour and a half from the freeway in Auburn to FM. Pretty ride on a crooked road.

Good luck and please post when you get back as I'm thinking of going up again.

Old Professor aka Paul

LD
10-26-2006, 08:09 AM
georgetown i think is 11 pines not sure :-[ been a while that way :)
L lab is correct.
It has been a while since I was on that road, but I remember it being not too bad.

LD

M_Man
10-26-2006, 02:11 PM
Looks like French Meadows is still holding plenty of water.

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryID?s=6121