PDA

View Full Version : Back from Eagle

thumbuster
10-25-2006, 08:12 AM
I just got back from Eagle lest night. We fished Sat. - Tue. Fishing was a little slow for this time of year. We hooked up a tripple first thing sat. morning followed by a quick single. We were looking for bigger fish so we left that spot and didn't get a bite the rest of the day. The rest of the trip we scratched up a few fish here and there but nothing of any size. I thew the box at them but most were caught on trolled worms or needle fish. We did the best trolling in front of the youth camp. We also picked up a few by Bucks point.
*Not the usual Oct. at Eagle but still a great time on a awsome lake with some good friends.

Ketchum
10-25-2006, 09:50 AM
Fishing rule #1: Never leave fish to find fish!

Just kidding, I always do the same if I am getting nothing but dinks.

Triple to start the day is always a good start. Too bad it turned off for you. Oh well, next time will rock I am sure.

vvbob
10-25-2006, 02:43 PM
Thumbuster
Called you several times on the radio, sorry I couldn't raise you. :'(

thumbuster
10-25-2006, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the yell VVB, My handheld was not working. I kept an eye out for you but I guess we never crossed paths. It's good to see you are still doing well up there. those are some nice pics on your other post.
Our friend that lives in Spaulding says it's been a slow October. *That must mean you know what your doing up there. Sorry I missed you,
maybe I could have learned something

SuperDave
10-25-2006, 03:01 PM
Thumbuster, I'm still feeling your pain. This trip was my worst in all my trips to Eagle as far as catching fish goes. Having a great trip at Pyramid just before was a combination of salt and alcohol in the wound. We graphed lots of fish so when it gets hot, somebody is going to have a heck of a good time.

SD

thumbuster
10-25-2006, 05:51 PM
SD, I also graphed lots of fish. I may have to sneek back up in a couple of weeks :-/