PDA

View Full Version : Lymans

fish_4_alivin
10-18-2006, 06:42 PM
How big of lymans are you using? 4" or 6" Do rapalas work ?

Kneedeep
10-18-2006, 06:54 PM
We were using 4" lymans at Pyramid. I heard that Rapalas did not work and I noticed that the trout were following the slow action lures and grabbing the eratic ones like Lymans and spoons. Kneedeep

Desertdog
10-18-2006, 07:09 PM
Dont tell Dragonsslayer Rapala's don't work... He thinks he caught a bunch on one. I stuck with Lymans and Spoons

Kneedeep
10-18-2006, 09:57 PM
Desertdog what do you mean? He thinks he caught a bunch on a Rapala. ;D ;D ;D Did you trick him into using something that worked and told him that it was a Rapala. [smiley=stirthepot.gif] This Is getting good. [smiley=stirthepot.gif] Or did he catch a few and think it was a bunch [smiley=stirthepot.gif] Which is it? I've heard from Freon that Dragonslayer know's how to fish but not when an anchor is involved. [smiley=stirthepot.gif] Then I've heard that on another recent outing that his grip was not what it was before. [smiley=stirthepot.gif] at least his fingers didn't get burned this time. [smiley=stirthepot.gif] D.S your gonna have a good comeback for this one I know. ;D ;D ;D Kneedeep

ric1ric
10-19-2006, 08:44 AM
Were waiting DS

Trout_Shark
10-19-2006, 09:14 AM
Pyramid "must have": http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l28/MBAER/081.jpg

I've heard from Freon that Dragonslayer know's how to fish but not when an anchor is involved.
I thought that was a well known fact. ;D ;D ;D *:P

Tic...toc...tic..toc....It's only time ;)

Mickey_Thomas
10-19-2006, 11:34 AM
Then I've heard that on another recent outing that his grip was not what it was before Yeah DS's vice grip is gone, when you get old that's the second thing that you lose [smiley=jumpinggroup.gif] [smiley=mickey.gif] [smiley=mickey.gif] [smiley=mickey.gif] I love it when a guy is working and comes home to a thread about him ;) now he'll have to think of snappy comebacks for all of us :D and he's not that smart [smiley=yahoo.gif] [smiley=yahoo.gif] [smiley=yahoo.gif]

Kneedeep
10-19-2006, 01:53 PM
I guess someone is gonna have to point D.S. to this thread. [smiley=foottap.gif] I was kinda hoping to get Freon involved [smiley=stirthepot.gif] He's good at this kinda thing [smiley=nana.gif] Razor tongue you might say. ;D ;D ;D Kneedeep

bankerbull
10-19-2006, 03:58 PM
[quote author=Trout_Shark link=1161225756/0#5 date=1161278078]Pyramid "must have": http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l28/MBAER/081.jpg

I just bought 5 of those on ebay for 20 bucks..is that a decent deal?

BITE_ME_II
10-19-2006, 04:14 PM
Let me assure you Rapalas work as good or better when fished properly than any other lure in the box, you don't have to Rip um, you don't have to do anything different then anything that Rapala recomends, just use the correct colors Mickey and Doc can back me up on the success of the Rapala, the reason and the only reason I don't use them on Pyramid is the treble hooks and that's the only reason they don't stay on my rod every time I hit the water at Pyramid.

BITE ME II
8-) 8-)

Kneedeep
10-19-2006, 05:20 PM
Ken I could have brought about 300 Rapalas and it's probably a good thing I didn't, I would have spent the whole time deciding which one to use. As it were we caught lots of quality fish and had a blast. Thank you for the tips you gave us on the way to the lake. We fished at 18' to 22' in all depths of water and did great. Kneedeep

vvbob
10-19-2006, 08:03 PM
Kneedeep
Make sure you get a couple of these....FIRETIGER'S

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3436/104lymancz7.jpg

Kneedeep
10-19-2006, 08:25 PM
Thank's *Vacaville Bob the next time I make it to Pyramid I will have at least two. My wife took the lure I was using the first day and proceeded to kick my rear for the next 3 days. Tell Sidney James Kneedeep said hello. Was great to meet you both at the Bomb fire. :) * Kneedeep

DragonSlayer
10-20-2006, 10:23 AM
Desertdog what do you mean? He thinks he caught a bunch on a Rapala. ;D ;D ;D Did you trick him into using something that worked and told him that it was a Rapala. [smiley=stirthepot.gif] This Is getting good. [smiley=stirthepot.gif] Or did he catch aew and think it was a bunch [smiley=stirthepot.gif] Which is it? I've heard from Freon that Dragonslayer know's how to fish but not when an anchor is involved. [smiley=stirthepot.gif] Then I've heard that on another recent outing that his grip was not what it was before. [smiley=stirthepot.gif] at least his fingers didn't get burned this time. *[smiley=stirthepot.gif] D.S your gonna have a good comeback for this one I know. ;D ;D ;D *Kneedeep

What Desert Dog meant was that Doc (a fisherman we both admire) said rapalas don't work at Pyramid. I caught a bunch on Thursday with one and was impressed with myself that i did something Doc said couldn't be done. Now Ken on the other hand could catch them with a old corroded hammered #5 spoon he found on the bar room floor at Crosbys ............. No wait that was Mr.T ;) As for Freon the only thing sharp on him is the point on his little skull <<< There are you Happy now Rodger .............. Stir this [smiley=stirthepot.gif] I didn't catch one fish on a lyman all weekend and i caught 38 trout [smiley=grinn.gif] [smiley=stomper.gif] [smiley=snacker.gif]

Trout_Shark
10-20-2006, 10:33 AM
I didn't catch one fish on a lyman all weekend and i caught 38 trout
I bet you would have caught 40 if you used Lymans. [smiley=baghead.gif] [smiley=stirthepot.gif] ;D ;D

metalmouth
10-20-2006, 11:37 AM
Kneedeep
Make sure you get a couple of these....FIRETIGER'S

The only lure a well stocked box at Pyramid needs!! * 8-) 8-) 8-) [smiley=stirthepot.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

Kneedeep
10-20-2006, 12:21 PM
Good comeback D.S you caught more than I did. [smiley=worthy.gif]
But with the exception of MetalMouth I don't think anyone had more fun than Me. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] I hope you know I'm joking around and really enjoy the humor from everyone. :) By the way there's no f-n-d in Roger but there is in f-r-i-e-n-d-s [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Kneedeep

drstressor
10-20-2006, 12:27 PM
I caught a bunch on Thursday with one and was impressed with myself that i did something Doc said couldn't be done.

Go back and do a search. I said that they would hit anything in October. Especially the little dinks that they told me you were catching on your Rapala. ;)

Spoons fished properly will actually outfish anything else (including Lymans) in the early fall.

vvbob
10-20-2006, 12:36 PM
Jim was catching them on a 4" Crocodile spoon, I was catching more on my Lymans.... ;D ;D ;D
The FireTiger, one that doesn't work on sunny days [smiley=stirthepot.gif]

metalmouth
10-20-2006, 12:38 PM
I caught a bunch on Thursday with one and was impressed with myself that i did something Doc said couldn't be done.

Go back and do a search. *I said that they would hit anything in October. *Especially the little dinks that they told me you were catching on your Rapala. ;)

Spoons fished properly will actually outfish anything else (including Lymans) in the early fall.

I just got back from Sportsmans Warehouse. I bought every firetiger spoon they had!! [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] 8-)

SuperDave
10-20-2006, 12:54 PM
And this all just reinforces why my Pyramid tackle out numbers all my other trout tackle 2 : 1.

sunracer1957
10-20-2006, 01:26 PM
DS

38??? I caught 38 on Friday alone you must be loosing your touch :o :o or maybe I'm just getting better after hanging around with a real fisherman for the last year and a half ;D ;D

Elk-Fisher
10-20-2006, 05:20 PM
Where are you guys ordering these lures? I see a website from BC Canada that has them otherwise it looks like EBAY. There are 7 sizes 1-7 what does that number represent? is that inches? Thanks!

freon
10-20-2006, 08:04 PM
I didn't catch one fish on a lyman all weekend and i caught 38 trout *

not bad for someone that fished for 14 days *straight ;D *;D *;D
You need to learn how to count, thats three plus eight = eleven *;D
Especially considering that most people caught that in two days *;)
the only reason you got that many was cuz you used tnt *;D *;D
I am sure that you have the fishing figured out there and its no skin off of your back if you dont get that many (maybe off of your hands though) but perhaps if you had a better grip you could set the hook better, oh, thats right, you lost that too *;D
I dont know about Roger, but I sure am happier *;D

chicofishrmen
10-21-2006, 07:36 AM

Go back and do a search. *I said that they would hit anything in October. *Especially the little dinks that they told me you were catching on your Rapala. ;)

Ok Doc, but do you catch bigger fish on plugs than spoons? I caught a whole bunch on a 6" green, white, chart. glow in the dark spoon. But my biggest was on a J-Plug (because I didn't have any lymans, ha-ha) Next year I going to bring the most ugly Lyman I can find just to see if it works http://www.fishsniffer.com/forumsyabb2006/Templates/Forum/default/grin.gif

By the way does anyone know when the Sportsman Warehouse in Rocklin/Roseville is going to open? http://www.fishsniffer.com/forumsyabb2006/Templates/Forum/default/cool.gif

45_Auto
10-21-2006, 08:39 AM
Chico; According to their website, Rocklin is supposed to open for business on Nov 23. And the grand opening is slated for Dec 2.

DragonSlayer
10-22-2006, 07:46 AM
By the way does anyone know when the Sportsman Warehouse in Rocklin/Roseville is going to open? http://www.fishsniffer.com/forumsyabb2006/Templates/Forum/default/cool.gif

On my Birthday *::) 8-) :-X

45_Auto
10-22-2006, 10:20 AM
DS: if your birthdays the 23rd, then how you going to find the time to go? Remember, that's turkey day. If it's the 2nd, then you've got a real present there.

metalmouth
10-22-2006, 04:36 PM
Metal Mouth ,
I did that at the Gorge with needle fish now I have them all , *sises an colors ,next will be Lymans , and then coyotes , then apex . Thank god I all ready have the full line up in Rapalas .One of these days things will come around and *and bite on what I all ready have . There is no such thing as a tackle box any more , Its to the point a guy needs another boat to tow along just to carry the tackle *:o
I can stuff 5 full size, 8 tray, tackle bags under my bench seats and if I stack the rest of the bags I almost have enough room to invite some one along to fish with. 8-) ;D 8-)