PDA

View Full Version : Melones 10/21

iron-man
10-21-2006, 04:20 PM
Pulled into Glory hole parking lot at 0620. My ride for the day would show up shortly I hoped. Would he show? I mean it was just a phone call to set this up, not a bunch of this E-mail stuff so everything is just perfect and no loose ends and everone on the same page. I waited. More and more boats pulled into the parking area my ride was not one of them. There were about 15-18 bass boats waiting to launch, I could just imagine what the lake would be like with these speedsters checking out all the points and every inch of shoreline. Could it be , yes here came my ride right on time or close enough.Neither of us liked the # of boats present but here we were.Launched and headed up river a bit. Started fishing , first fish around 7:30 2.6 lbs, nice rainbow(Oxbow). On each of our last 2 trips only one bow was caught one netted and one lost. We figured this was it for the day about our average. Around 8:30 my release pops I could feel a heavy fish,then nothing or very little, up near the boat , as always , it comes unglued, Oxbow tripping over all my boxes of stuff finally gets the net under my fish 5.2 lbs. About an hour later Larry gets another release and after a nice struggle another bow in the boat 3.2 lbs.Trolled till 1:30 nothing else.Everything on apexes down 50 ft. What started out what we thought might be a so so day ended up very good for this time of the year. We also set a boat record, the largest fish (trout) ever landed on his boat. With all the fish this guy catches this is a milestone. The problems that Oxbow and I didn't solve last week we did this week. You really don't want to know the solutions to some of our major problems that 2 rednecks can come up with. Great sunrise, stimulating conversation and the remaining worlds problems solved ta da. Great day on the water Larry, Thanks. iron-man

Oxbow
10-21-2006, 04:35 PM
It was a good day but next time out I'm taking the port side rods! My last two trips I catch 2 fish, my partner catches one and partner gets the big fish both times. It just ain't fair :(. All kidding aside, nice job on a beautiful rainbow Iron-man. It turned out to be an outstanding day on the water, good company, good weather and pretty darn good fishing and that's a hard day to beat.

Photo should be on GHS website about next Wed. or Thur.

iron-man
10-21-2006, 04:38 PM
Oxbow, Iv'e been trying to trade sides of the boat with you for three trips now. Now you know why. iron-man

Weez
10-21-2006, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the report. A five pound rainbow is a nice fish anywhere but in some spots they stock them at that size, big and stupid. The fish you guys caught grew up in that lake, at least from the 12-inch DFG size. I love fat holdovers!

Ray@q97
10-21-2006, 04:49 PM
Wow, you guys had a great day. *can't wait to see the photo. *Ironman I really understand about needing to be on the "right" side.....I am slightly right of Atila the Hun myself. *I think you guys should call the White House and offer your suggestions, you just never know......

Ray

snoose
10-21-2006, 04:53 PM
Ray, That was Ironman with Oxbow today. Oxbow and I solve differant problems lol. Nice fish guys. I will be there tomorrow.
Snoose

Ironhead
10-21-2006, 05:28 PM
Great job guys. That lake continues to amaze me. Not that I am counting, but how many trips in a row for Oxbow with a large fish??? He just about takes up the hole page at Glory-hole web page with just his pictures alone.

Larry, I have a suggestion, turn the boat around and go the other way, then you will be on the right side to catch fish.

Great job again.

Ironhead

Oxbow
10-21-2006, 05:36 PM
That must be "back trolling" ;D I'll have to try that.

The catching has been a bit sparse but the quality has been outstanding. Just gotta put in the time and it will all work out.

Aluma165
10-21-2006, 06:53 PM
Nice fish Ironman. Did you tip your Apexes with anything?

iron-man
10-21-2006, 07:01 PM
Oxbow and I have come up with a saying. If you are afraid of the answer don't ask the question. So I think the folks in Washington , Sacramento and our county gvt are safe.They don't ask questions that they don't alreay have answers to. But thanks for the vote of confidence anyway. Did you guys see in the paper today that Calif is going to start sending our prisoners to other states because we don't have room to house them here. We are going to pay $63 per day per person for their keep. The rational is that we spend $85 a day on them here.If they are going to do that , why can't they pick Georgia or Texas. I think the first shipment is 2600 inmates. Now you see what deep discussions that Larry and I get into and their solutions in between fish biteing and fighting these lunkers. iron-man