PDA

View Full Version : Edison 10/13-14

mtalley
10-15-2006, 04:29 PM
A couple buddies and I took my pontoon boat back to Edison for a weekend of fishing. *Most of the people at VVR were pretty serious fishermen. *Most of the people were fishing up in Mono Creek and said there were a ton of Browns in the creek. *We stuck to trolling but the fishing was pretty slow. *Friday evening we landed a total of 6 trout, 3 of them Browns, hot lure was a red/silver cripplure. *Saturday we put about 9 or 10 hours in trolling and only ended up with 4 fish between the 3 of us. *I caught a Brown that went 2 lbs 8 oz for a personal best for Edison. *He came on an AC Skinny 5" Rainbow. *We didn't here of anyone landing anything larger but most of the guys were pretty tight lipped. *We got a little rain Friday evening and had a rain shower mid morning Saturday. *Water temp was 54-56. * Haven't posted a while because of my focus on deer season.

Ironhead
10-15-2006, 06:59 PM
Marty,

Good to hear from you. So you like dragging that boat back in there. LOL Congrats on your personal best on the brown. If anybody knows how to put time in, it is you. How does Huntington look?

Ironhead

mtalley
10-16-2006, 09:11 AM
Yeah, it's a good time getting that boat in there. Huntington is starting to go down but the launch is probable still in the water. I don't think it will be much longer though.

JoeTech
10-17-2006, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the report. I was hunting near edison the other day and saw a guy pulling a boat and I was wondering how the fishing was up there...I guess now I know. Does hunington shut down or can it be fished year around?

Joetech.

fishon_chris
10-17-2006, 01:58 PM
Joe yes Hunington does normally shut down in the winter.The water drops down low and the snow and ice make it diffcult to lanch a boat .If it does not freeze over you could get a car topper boat in there but evean that's hard.After a couple of heavy snow storms its over.I would hit it before the heavy stuff comes.I Heard form the guy at Vally Rod and Gun that the ramp is allmost out of water then it becomes tough lanching a boat because of the mudd.

Chris :)

JoeTech
10-17-2006, 07:28 PM
Thanks Chris...thats good to know