PDA

View Full Version : McClure Sat 10/14

Ironhead
10-14-2006, 05:51 PM
On the water at 7:45, fishing partner overslept. Headed for Barrett's Cove and marked lots of fish with no luck. Rolling shad at 90' and apex & rapala's on top. Fished for 4 hours with one SDR. Moved into the river channel and again 2 hours with not even a bite. Tried everything in the box. Marking lots of fish in the 60 to 90 foot range and no takers. At 2:00 pm moved to the dam/spillway area and again marked plenty of fish at 60' and finally hooked a 19" bow at 3.5 lbs. Next pass one king at 22" and one king at 16". Ended the day with 3 nice fish , all on rolled shad. Fish caught at the 55 to 75 foot range in about 120 ft of water.The skies were overcast most of the day with the water temps still around 70*. 10 to 12 boats trolling and scattered all over the lake. Off to Melones tomorrow to spend the day with Oxbow.

Ironhead

calebetis
10-14-2006, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the report Ironhead, just picked up my boat on Wednesday and looking for a lake for the maiden voyage, keep the posts coming. Sounds like the foothill lake will break open soon.

iron-man
10-14-2006, 07:45 PM
Thanks ironhead for the report. Like the lake and have fished it twice in the past 3 weeks for nada or close to that. Caught some 3.5 lbers their in the Spring but have had trouble lately. Good luck with O B . He might want your firstborn in trade for his secrets. iron-man

Ironhead
10-14-2006, 08:04 PM
iron-man

He might want your firstborn in trade for his secrets

She is only costing me about 25K a year right now for college, sounds like a good trade.

The way I see it, if enough of us keep fishing with Oxbow, he is bound to run out of secrets pretty soon, then we will all have to get together and share them all. The guy is good....

Ironhead

zinger
10-14-2006, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the report Ironhead. Sounds like you picked up some nice fish at the end there. Have fun with Oxbow tomorrow and take good notes so you can share all his secrets with me when you get back ;D

I'm off to the Upper Kings to do some fly-fishing with my dad tomorrow. Might try the Lower a little bit if the water level is manageable.

Ray@q97
10-15-2006, 01:50 AM
Ironhead me careful. Oxbow can get into some pretty heavy sh.... If he brings out little dolls and shows you how to stick pins in them, get out of there. Flashing is ok, secret scent is good. Just make sure you protect your self. Have a great time. Dont forget to put the plug in.

Zinger good luck fly fishing, there are suppose to be some trophy fish planted ther.

I am hoping to get out next week a time or two......

Ray :D ;D 8-)

fishguts
10-15-2006, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the report Ironhead, just picked up my boat on Wednesday and looking for a lake for the maiden voyage, keep the posts coming. *Sounds like the foothill lake will break open soon.

Woo Hoo !!!
Go get'em and have a great time. Can't wait to see your pictures.

fishon_chris
10-16-2006, 06:14 AM
Hey Greg the bite sounds sloow but you cought a few nice fish anyways.I hope i get better luck next weekend are you going to be there too.

Chris :)