PDA

View Full Version : Lake Tulloch info

driller
10-10-2006, 11:39 AM
Heading up to Tulloch this weekend with friends, would like put them (and myself) onto some trout. Anyone fished Tulloch or have any advice for this small lake?

I have just started this trolling thing this year, and have fished Malones a few times with some success. (Largest slightly over 4 lbs. a few weeks ago!)

Any advice would be appreciated!!

driller

iron-man
10-10-2006, 02:32 PM
I have tried the lake a number of times not with good results. In the Sp it's O K. Late Sp and Summer, night fishing is best. But the rumor here locally is that Tullock is a killer in the Winter. Know of an 8 lb R B last year Early Sp. Knew another that fished there exclusively in the Winter for big fish. Too many people live on or around the lake. Constant boat travel and personal watercraft, even in the dark of night there are boats moving.It is a relatively small lake with alot of houses down to the water with individual piers.Not fisherman friendly except when the crowds go home for the winter.IT's a resort lake, sorry

Don
10-10-2006, 04:13 PM
From what I understand is that McClure is hot and if Tulloch doesn't turn out you are not far from McClure.
Don't know that area so check the map.Ithink you are 15min between them.
Hope someone else can give you more info on this.
Don

iron-man
10-10-2006, 06:55 PM
Mc Clure is about 30 minutes from Tulloch, Never say bad things about a particular lake. If you have never fished there before it can be quite an experience and it should explode any day now fishing wise. As for Mc Clure being hot right now ,I was there a few days ago nada. But there was a front coming in and I will try it again. The worst day fishing is better than the best day working. iron-man

DanClark
10-11-2006, 07:18 AM
Tulloch is close to home for me but do not fish it as much as other lakes since I prefer to fish for kings but used to fish there a lot. Best spots are the dam area and upriver past the bridge, never had much luck in between, there are some big rainbows there as the lake does not receive as much pressure as melones or pedro. Use slow rolled shad or shad like lures. The lake is not very picturesque but the fish are there, good launch ramp at south shore until they drop the water level then difficult for a large boat.

Good Luck
Dan

driller
10-11-2006, 09:41 AM
Sounds like fun exploring a new fishing spot, especially one that has very little pressure! I thought there could be some large rainbows in there, with Malones just upstream feeding this lake.

Dan, how far can you go upstream above the bridge? I have been told it is a 5mph zone from the bridge up to the dam at Malones, so that sounded like it might be a good area to troll and not have to worry about all the recreational boaters.

Thanks everyone for your help and advice.

Driller

The_Big_Sinus
10-11-2006, 10:52 AM
There are big rainbows in there... In fact, probably the largest rainbow I've ever seen up close and personal (and the biggest I've personally caught was 33"- ponder the potential wieght of one that is larger...) was right by the bridge- darned if I could catch it. It was chasing a 14" rainbow around trying to eat it.

Good luck.

DanClark
10-11-2006, 11:50 AM
There used to be a boom at upper part of lake, I always did best about 1/4 mile below boom.

Dan