PDA

View Full Version : Krill scent??????

fishinwithg
10-06-2006, 02:29 PM
Anybody have any luck with any krill scent :-/?

There seems to be a few new krill scents out there :P. I bought the pauske one in the can that looks like a tabaco chew tin. Only tried it twice and lost patience with it :-?, and went back to old faithful. :)
Anybody have any luck with this brand or another?

Fishinwithg

fishon_chris
10-06-2006, 02:45 PM
Man I just bought the same stuff hope it works better for me.I ues and love the Pro Cure gell in preditor flavor I have a 3 to 1 ;Dbetter bite ratio.

Fishon chris :)

SalmoClarki
10-06-2006, 02:51 PM
I like pro-cure's krill and predator gels. They stay on a lure forever ;)

stuckinlodi
10-06-2006, 03:11 PM
I used the Pautzke's Krill quite a few times the last year or so and I can't recall once catching anything that had it on the lure.

HOOF
10-06-2006, 05:59 PM
I am with Lodi on this one-I even pilfered some of the krill and caught nothing- I also put it on my dodger for added benifits and it would not come off-tempted to pressure wash it off ;)

Oxbow
10-06-2006, 06:28 PM
When I use the "gel" scents, I take along an extra plastic bag that I put the lures in when changing setups. When I get home, I put the gelled lures in a coffee can with some "Dawn" liquid detergent and after soaking a bit just wash, rinse, dry and you're ready to go next time.

NickVellios
10-06-2006, 06:44 PM
I use it alot. I also like Herring Paste combined with Krill. Makes a killer combo. Use it sparingly. Unless you are fishing VERY muddy waters, you only need a little tiny bit. If you gob it on you will get less bites. The only time that I have found success with a LOT of scent is fishing Chinook in very muddy water with big bright yarn balls. Other than that less is good!

HOOF
10-07-2006, 12:51 AM
hmmmmm

drstressor
10-07-2006, 07:16 AM
I've also have had 0 success with Pautzke's krill paste for trout, macs, and kokes. It may be a salmon/steelhead specific thing.

Steelhead gave me a jar of the stuff to try out. That's my report. ;)

I did have success with Procure shrimp/krill in a side to side comparison. One important variable may be the age of the product. Procure told me that all of their products containing shrimp or krill go off after about 6 months and should be kept refrigerated.

Irish
10-07-2006, 08:57 AM
Krill scent was the reported flavor of the month late last year and in the spring. Like most of the other replys, I have tried it several times with little success. I stay with Pro Cure Anise or Garlic and have had much better luck.

NickVellios
10-08-2006, 06:47 AM
It may be a salmon/steelhead specific thing.

I've landed MANY trout (resident rainbows, cutthroat, dolly varden) on the stuff.

Weez
10-08-2006, 02:24 PM
I've caught a couple of big macks on Pautzke's krill gel, but I usually prefer Pro-Cure products.

With any gel scent, I just run hot tap water over the lure then wipe it down with a paper towel to clean it. No soap residue, and it seems to shine up the lure.

Today's hot combo was Pro-Cure Trophy Trout bait butter thinned with Trophy Trout Super Gel, and a squirt of Dr. Juice's Trout and Salmon Juice. Caught a 27-inch rainbow on Tahoe with this god-awful mix.

metalmouth
10-08-2006, 04:47 PM
Today's hot combo was Pro-Cure Trophy Trout bait butter thinned with Trophy Trout Super Gel, and a squirt of Dr. Juice's Trout and Salmon Juice. Caught a 27-inch rainbow on Tahoe with this god-awful mix.
Good report Weez. I haven't tried mixing Dr. Juice with the stuff.

froggie
10-08-2006, 07:03 PM
I've used the Pautzke's "Krill" in the white squirt bottle with green lettering this summer it was hot for awhile for kokes, but haven't tried it yet this fall for the trout.

Froggie [smiley=angling.gif]

ratss427
10-08-2006, 07:59 PM
i also tried both the paste and the bottled "sauce" nada :(. i actually tossed it.and i rarely throw out anything tackle-wise. ;) its only pro cure ,.and berkley trout for me.