PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Opening Day

CHICKFISHING58
09-30-2006, 10:04 AM
As we all know Sunday is opening day at Pyramid just want to know who will be there
Sam and I are going to fish from Block House which is next to Popcorn to many people on the first day to take the boat out besides last year it was so windy you had to be off the water by 10am.

For those of you who want to fish from shore Block House is a nice sandy beach easy to get to the water. Just donít forget to put the toilet seat down or else you have to deal with me. [smiley=fencing.gif]

Sam will have his hand held yes IT (STEVE) he finally bought one and he now has stars for his boat so I guess he really is a sniffer now. We will be on channel 69 good luck to all of you canít wait to see the pictures ;)

ric1ric
09-30-2006, 10:35 AM
Hi Sam and Beth When you fish from shore there are you throwing lures or are you bait fishing? So you finally got that old Geezer to put stars on? ;) Now if we could only get him to wear a bell around his neck so we kmew where he was ;D Be careful I heard that al the river sceeters were going on vacation to pyramid to see chick something about tastier blood or easy pickins or something like that. ;D Good luck tomorrow, wish I was there to. Hilda is having her annual BBQ for the salon and I got stuck with re-landscaping duty. :( The good part is we no longer have any grass to mow in the back yard. [smiley=clap.gif]

BigB
09-30-2006, 11:04 AM
Ric,

When fishing from the shore, people are either using spoons or fly fishing. I have even seen some people tossing flies out with a spinning rod. Remember, you can not use baits at Pyramid. The best places to fish from shore are where there is a drop off not to far from the shore line. Most people generally wade out a way to fish, but you do not have to. When I fish from shore, I use the same spoons that I troll with. I have even caught fish using a Kastmaster.

Hope this helps,

Brian

isaaco77
09-30-2006, 11:49 AM
Hi Sam and Beth When you fish from shore there are you throwing lures or are you bait fishing?
Pyramid is artificials only. Throw big spoons from the shore. Your best chances from the bank though aren't untill the fish come into the shallows in a couple months.

CHICKFISHING58
09-30-2006, 05:28 PM
Rick,
Like Brian said no live bait I have used spoons, flies and yes even flat fish.
The flat fish is a little harder to use due to how many people are there.

Isaaco,
I have to disagree with that I have been on shore on opening days before and they do great it just depends if they are biting or not.

I just changed out some of the hooks on my spoons car is just about packed going to spend the night out there. No Iím not crazy but if your not there by 4am you wonít get a spot so I told Sam Iíll take the early shift. I figure if I get there by 11pm I wonít have to pay to stay the rangers are in bed ;D

gone fishin
09-30-2006, 05:34 PM
Here is the famous out house that Chick is referring to at block house, it even has the sniffer stars on it. Make sure you leave the seat up, then she won't have to worry... ;D ;)

Good luck tomorrow Chick....

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/500/medium/698P1010022.JPG

metalmouth
09-30-2006, 05:34 PM
Go get um Beth. I'm excited to hear your report. [smiley=bananachaga.gif] [smiley=elmo.gif] [smiley=jumpinggroup.gif] [smiley=yahoo.gif] [smiley=yikes.gif] [smiley=gorgeous.gif]

fishdude76
09-30-2006, 06:09 PM
Have fun out there Chick, let us know how its fishing. Bundle up also as it should be windy out there. They are calling for 20-30 mph winds with possible rain in Reno which means it will be close to that at Pyramid. Boaters beware.

ric1ric
10-01-2006, 07:42 AM
Thanks for the information guys and gals

Rastaman
10-01-2006, 05:47 PM
Chick: hope the fishing was fantastic today, couldn't make it up for the opener, but will be there soon. Can't wait to see the reports!

rastaman

Mickey_Thomas
10-01-2006, 05:56 PM
Oddie and Dee are on the beach camping already, they will hit the water early ;)

SuperDave
10-01-2006, 06:00 PM
The weather here tells me it might not be so nice there right now. *

Mickey, according to the weather report, you might get kicked around a little mid week.

metalmouth
10-01-2006, 06:08 PM
It looks like the whole west coast is going to get kicked for a while. Be safe out there and post up a report.

MM :)

Mr_Ed
10-01-2006, 09:10 PM
Sunday 10:10 PM

No reports yet.................Is that good or bad ?

CHICKFISHING58
10-03-2006, 08:51 AM
Hi Guys,
All I can say is I guess the guys in the boat had better luck
Sam and I started fishing at 5:55am at that time there were only 5 of us there by 7:00am there were around 25 people a lot less than last year. I guess the new price is a little high for most shore guys.

Everyone around us was catching fish Sam and I are spoiled by the trolling we really had to work the shore after about 5 hrs Sam catches a Kewi fish. I laugh but at lease he caught a fish. I had two on but lost both of them.

I took a break and then around noon time I changed to a blue spoon with green and yellow in it and then bang I knew I had him on there. He played with me for a few minutes crossing over Sam and some other guyís line. Samís yelling at me he forgot his hearing aids saying tighten up your drag. [smiley=excited.gif]

I finally bring him in and what a beauty he was around 22 inches real fat sorry *:'( Sam didnít take a picture. We fished till 2:00pm and called it a day. The rangers were out checking everyone and marking down who had day permits and who had yearly. By the way they are on quads now ;D
It was a beautiful day out had to shed the clothes by 9:00 am ::)

Sorry it took so long to post I couldnít get on moment of fame yesterday

SHORE FISHERMEN
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/GROUP2.jpg
RANGERS CHECKING EVERYONE
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/COP.jpg
SAM
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/GROUP11.jpg
RICK A BUDDY
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/RICK2.jpg
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/RICK.jpg
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/RICK1.jpg
SAM'S BIG FISH ;D
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/SAM11.jpg

ITUKAWAL
10-03-2006, 08:53 AM
Don't let that big hog get away there Sam. ::)

CHICKFISHING58
10-03-2006, 09:01 AM
Don't let that big hog get away there Sam. * ::)

Steve,
You should of seen his face when he brought it in ;D

UNCLE_OTTO2
10-03-2006, 11:27 AM
Thank you for posting the photos of the outhouse. That is EXACTLY the reason I do not have stars on any of my rides. I really have no interest in joining the "Pyramid Lake Outhouse Club"

Graffiti is the reason there is no camping at the needles anymore. Please respect this lake and reservation when you visit.

vvbob
10-03-2006, 11:36 AM
Graffiti is the reason there is no camping at the needles anymore

Yea real smart people....To bad God made them so stupid.

SuperDave
10-03-2006, 11:48 AM
Graffiti is the reason there is no camping at the needles anymore

Yea real smart people....To bad God made them so stupid.

Bob, God doesn't make "stupid". People seem to be able to handle that just fine all by themselves.

Big_Country
10-03-2006, 01:50 PM
What are the new prices this season for the daily permit and to launch?

SuperDave
10-03-2006, 02:00 PM
Seasonal:
Boat $74.00
Fishing $74.00

Daily
Boat $9.00
Fishing $9.00
Camping $9.00

fpsamm
10-03-2006, 02:41 PM
Opening day at Prymid.

Chick gave me up on the big fish I caugh. (See the photo above) But I did get another small keeper and let it go. Chick landed a nice one, sorry I diden"t get a photo of it.

The weather was great on opening day. It will be a little colder during our fest, but any weather is good as long as we are fishing.

Looking foward to a good time, frends, food and drinks.
See you all there.

Geezer

Big_Country
10-03-2006, 03:04 PM
thanks! Seems the only thing that goes down in price anymore is a tank of gas... ;)

Good luck to all for a memorable Pyramidfest. I hoped to make it this year, but I have commitments to kids and football.

I hope to get up for a trip sometime in early Dec...

fernley_tim
10-03-2006, 06:17 PM
since the tribe is raising rates $24.00 Ihope some improvements will be made to the launching facilitys >:( ill be glad to pony up ;) but sounds like they bought quads instead, ;) I hear >:( And before everybody jumps on me, I realize this is their land and im not proposing to build condos around the lake :P As their guest I follow all their rules but you should not be able to have it both ways, if you except money from the goverment to supplement your way of life, dont expect the same supply and demand economics that the rest of have to live by. sorry for this ramble Ive had problems with money / improvements in the past so I guess Im just venting. I hope im still able to fish this pristene lake for generations to come.

UNCLE_OTTO2
10-04-2006, 11:42 AM
I'm glad to see the increase in prices. Hopefully it will keep more riff-raff off the lake.

If you wish to go somewhere with a Four Seasons hotel, lakeside gas, etc., PLEASE go there. There are plenty of overdeveloped lakes to choose from. Pyramid is a beautiful lake. I go there to get away from the city and, hopefully, people.

SuperDave
10-04-2006, 11:51 AM
UO2, you seem a little bitter. [smiley=snacker.gif] The daily price is the same and that would tend to be more of your local Reno riff-raff. Are you part Piute too?

UNCLE_OTTO2
10-04-2006, 12:03 PM
(Water fleas) ;)

Wild-K9
10-05-2006, 03:21 AM
10/2/06 Me and my partner hit the water about 9:am and headed for the east side of the lake. Started trolling north from the Pyramid all the way up to the bottom of Anderson bay. Caught about a half dozen fish, one was about the smallest I've ever seen outa' that lake at only 15"!
*We headed over to the west side about noon and started trolling bright colored spoons in about 20-30', letting out enough line to let them just brush the top of the weed beds.
*We landed *in the neighborhood of 30 fish between us, 2 of wich were over 24"! Wanna' have fun? land a 25" 8# cutthroat on 10# test and a 7' ultralight! WAHOO!
*The majority were about 22" and fat and sassy! Another GREAT season on the way!

CHICKFISHING58
10-05-2006, 07:33 AM
Wild-K9,

Welcome to the board great report stop by the Pyramid Fest and say hi if your out there ;)

UNCLE_OTTO2
10-05-2006, 05:08 PM
This is a much better photo of the 10#4oz caught Opener.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7240/s20100281px7.jpg

(That was on 6 or 8 lb test line)

Not really sure what I was thinking at the time to make that face. *(I don't think I peed my pants) Still have the lamp on my head under the hat after an early start.

A lot of my success is due to the help of other sniffers that have offered information freely. *Read all the old articals from Weez. *(Print them out and keep by the toilet for reading) *I try to think like a fish. *Watch what the lure is doing. *Is that what a fish would look like? *Smell like? *I believe they can smell the soap, toothpaste, hairjell, gasoline, Doritos, etc on your hands. *A buddy at work told me to rub salmon eggs on my hands before tying knots and messing with the lures. *Well....... * I'll never go without something.

Will be out there early Saturday trying to take advantage of the early bite. *I'll check channel 69 to see who's out there. *Good luck.