PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Opener Report

lemonsp
10-01-2006, 09:20 PM
Got back from opening day out a pyramid and...well it was a great day to be on the lake. We arrived about 615 in the morning to a reasonably short line. Thankfully the search and rescue guys and the tribe was out helping direct the ramp and keep things moving. By just before 7am we were fishing and had our first fish on. We didn't slay them but not bad for a bunch of rookies. Caught around 40 and boated 30ish. Of those we caught a couple nice fish. One in the 6lb range and another three going 5lbs. The batteries in my scale were dead so those are rough estimates. We caught most of our fish between 5 and 25 feet. Early in the morning they were up high and we had lunk on dark green and frog patterns. By late in the day it was the brighter greens that seemed to work best. We fished alot of different colors but they green definitely seemed to be the best for us.

Met a guy at sportsmans the day before and ran into him again at the lake just as we pulled out of the lake. Drives a blue dodge ram if anyone knows him. He and his son said they caught 80ish both trolling and jigging. I have never jigged but they said they were having good luck on spoons and torpedos for jigging. Someone has got to show me how to jig. Sounds great.

Well all and all it was a great day given the mass of boats. The weather and water were absolutely perfect. Fish were extremely fat and happy. Can't wait for the fest. See you all out there.

vvbob
10-02-2006, 07:27 AM
Way to Go Patrick
40 hook-ups is not a bad day at all, heck I'd settle for 25.....
Good report, gets the juices flowing.
What part of the lake were you fishing??

Mr_Ed
10-02-2006, 09:41 AM
Patrick;

Thanks for letting us know what is going on out there........ ;D

40 fish........Great day !!

80 fish : must be using Lyman's ............. ;) :-? :-/

lemonsp
10-02-2006, 01:24 PM
We were fishing south of Pelican. There is a point that comes out just north of the marina that we hit pretty hard and then south to the nets. We did really well on that point to the north.

Actually Mr. Ed....we were using lymans. I thought they were my secret weapon until I got involved in the forum. Ooooops.....but they are still pretty good to use out there. Hope too finally meet all you guys out at the fest.

Reno_Hookers
10-02-2006, 05:00 PM
And people wonder why I want a "Pyramid Only" boat!!!!!!!!!!

No better way to keep the wife wanting to go than a 15 to 20 fish "slow day". 45 minutes from boat hooked up to the ramp.

48 is our record, and we absolutely don't know what we are doing.

Ran into a guy at the dock one day that only jig's. He has had 100 fish day's!!! I've tried it without much luck, but I always have a couple rods with heavy jigs and spoons ready for when the Lowrance goes solid.

Way to go!!!

HSUSteelie
10-02-2006, 05:07 PM
Awesome ;D

One of these days I'm gonna get there!! I don't think I have had 20 fish days, let alone 40+ anytime. Good job!!

UNCLE_OTTO2
10-02-2006, 05:22 PM
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/5630/pyramidopener2006104ozyi3.th.png

That is a 10# 4oz fish. *10/01/06.

We got out very early Sunday morning. *Three boats launched before us. *(Dunnfishn', sorry, I needed my coffee). *My buds were there exactly at 5:30. *It was an excelent day of fishing, not really sure how may we got. *(Multiple doubles, triples) With the traditional: $1 for first, $1 for most & $1 for biggest, I deserved two of the three.

That was one of the bigest fish I have ever caught. *I am extremely fortunate to have the ability to fish such a beautiful lake. *Today the water was light blue (like Thaoe) and the water turned to glass.

I'm not exacly sure how many lures and other equipment were lost. There sure are a lot of fish with piercinings. Thanks Doc for your instruction, thanks Brandon for the introduction.

(*****Weight and length verified at Crosby Lodge*****)

drstressor
10-02-2006, 05:25 PM
Did you let him go Jeff? ::)

Just messing with you. ;D

UNCLE_OTTO2
10-02-2006, 05:38 PM
I was trying to get my "Paramount Auto Body" hat in the photo for some more days off. *Sponsorships are still available.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/8223/pyramid2006025rl6.jpg
(not 10 pounder)

One of today's fish. *(While we had time to get out the camera)

Mickey_Thomas
10-02-2006, 06:15 PM
Nice going Jeff, I guess you got your 10lb pin and a free drink at Crosbys :D Sorry, can't see your hat ::) but you know how to hold a fish for a picture ;D ;D ;D

fishinator
10-02-2006, 06:37 PM
Wow, sounds like a great opener. My best is 18 in a day and that was silver salmon at Moss Landing. I have got to try that lake someday. great job guys.
fishinator

drstressor
10-02-2006, 06:42 PM
Remember guys, call it a day after 50. 8-)

n2trout
10-02-2006, 07:54 PM
That is a whopper of a fish for sure . *Still waiting for my wifes work to let her know if she can have the fest days off. If they don't let her have them I am going to be totally bummed. [smiley=stretcher.gif] :(
I have one great wife. [smiley=gorgeous.gif] She lets me go fishing on her days off while she stays home and takes over with the kids. I *am very spoiled to have a woman that lets me go off and enjoy something I have done since childhood. [smiley=bartsimpson.gif]
If I am fortunate enough to attend I wll hopefully be riding with sjharks and troutshark in their boat. There are a few hands there I would like to shake and listen to some of the other sniffers tales of glory days gone by. The *new dream fishing adventures to be had. And last of all, just too look around at so many people *from different walks of life gathered together under one passionate, pure, adrenaline pumping, PERFECT *[smiley=angling.gif] event in time. :'(
Oh dear Fish Gods, please let me go to the Pyramid Fest [smiley=worthy.gif]

ric1ric
10-02-2006, 09:55 PM
n2trout I take it your wife rides the boards too ;) ;D.

CHICKFISHING58
10-03-2006, 09:00 AM
Patrick L & Otto2,

[smiley=cheerleader.gif]Glad you guys did so well I know I would have rather gone out on the boat but Samís boat is still in the shop from Salmon fishing and fishing buddy is off killing some poor animal.

Thank god Rugman will be here Friday I canít wait to catch some fish Iím beginning to think I forgot how. *I want my 10lb pin after fishing Pyramid for 5 years I deserve on my biggest was 9lb 1oz and that was with Jason B 2 years ago.

vvbob
10-03-2006, 11:42 AM
my biggest was 9lb Oz
Chick
Too bad it wasn't like 9 pounds 12 ounces, then a 4 oz sinker would have gotten you your pin ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

floattuber
10-03-2006, 03:57 PM
I took my tube up yesterday (Monday) and the "inside" bite was a lot slower for me than last year's opening weekend. Maybe I was in the wrong spot... no sign of any chub schools (remember 2004). Fished the rocks around Hot Dog for nada until I finally finned out to deeper water and caught a couple on jigs (50-60 feet). Stopped at Block House for an hour on the way home with no luck. Someone said there were a few caught there earlier. Weather was a bit funky with some rain drops and some wind.