PDA

View Full Version : Skunked at Silver Lake

atavuss
10-01-2006, 07:21 AM
Hi all,
my buddy took me out to Silver Lake Saturday on his new to him 14' Gregor. it was very windy, so windy that he could not make any headway against the wind with his Motorguide 36 lb. trolling motor, as a matter of fact the wind slowly pushed us backwards! we had to use the gas motor to get over to where we were somewhat out of the wind to troll. anyways, I got skunked big time, caught nothing and lost 2 lures and a flasher to boot! my buddy caught his limit of around 11" rainbows.
it was still an enjoyable trip being out on the water all day. saw 2 bald eagles flying around the lake.
it was a great way to spend my 50th birthday, I have officially become a cranky old fart! :D

red_perception
10-01-2006, 07:46 AM
Happy Birthday Brother! Good luck, Eric :)

fish_junky
10-01-2006, 09:24 AM
* * Happy birthday, *Sorry to hear about your skunk. It has been a poor fishin year up there for some reason. *I usally do real well up there and my last two trips were skunks. I am glad your buddy caught fish at least it wasn't a skunked boat. :)

atavuss
10-01-2006, 09:33 AM
what is strange is that every time we go there the fishfinder on my boat and his boat shows LOTS of fish, seems like more fish at Silver Lake then at Caples Lake for instance. first time I have gotten skunked at Silver Lake. thanks for the birthday wishes too!

The_Big_Sinus
10-02-2006, 06:35 AM
It has been a poor fishin year up there for some reason.

Not for me- I've caught as many fish as I've wanted pretty much most times I've been, and have two rainbows over 5# on the year...

n2trout
10-02-2006, 08:37 AM
Happy belated B-day. [smiley=birthdays.gif]
I would have to agree with Big Sinus. I have done really well up there this year. The roughest trip I had was when the lake first Iced-out. After that it has been consistent "Fish On" up there for me. [smiley=angling.gif]
Better luck on your future trips. ;)

LD
10-02-2006, 10:28 AM
I would have to agree with Big Sinus, and n2, good catchin on the planters up to 16" and a 6-pounder 3 weeks ago, using watermelon dodgers and a 1/2 crawler.
LD