PDA

View Full Version : anybody fishing pyramid opening day

fernley_tim
09-27-2006, 05:30 PM
anybody fishing sunday opener? I am going to try and launch at popcorn have not been able to check out lake level. Ill have radio on if any of you are out there ;)

BigB
09-27-2006, 07:30 PM
Nope! I avoid the madhouse on opening day. There is plenty of time to fish out there after opening day. Not to mention that I hhave signed up for some overtime that day.

Brian

fernley_tim
09-27-2006, 07:40 PM
big B I fish pyramid all year except for the ramps >:( fishing pressure aka. boats on a lake this size is no problem but I understand the nightmare at the docks ;) I still cant help myself ill be out there :)

lemonsp
09-27-2006, 07:53 PM
I'll be out there. I am stoked to get back out there. Opening day is my only chance until the fest so I have to take advantage of it. I don't know much about popcorn as I have been to told to use the ramp at pelican for bigger boats. Anything over 16ish foot. If anyone knows otherwise I would love to hear it in order to avoid the crowd.

The latest weather report didn't look so good. It is supposed to cool off a bit on Sunday which normally means wind. Hopefully that isn't the case. Keep a close eye on it. Hope to see you out there. No radio so look for an 18.5ft fish/ski boat, gray maroon and two downriggers. Good luck

Mr_Ed
09-27-2006, 08:51 PM
Fernley;

Popcorn..........so does that mean a trip to "wop bay" ?

Way too early to troll the west sides deep water. ;)

I might get out there.........early am or late after the rush.
Have to do some lines, weights, mph, depth data stuff. (no lure)

With the new boat, I have to get my "stuff" together again!!

If I am lucky , maybe a lure at 11 am............. :D

Later Ed