PDA

View Full Version : What is the scoop about Silver Lake?

atavuss
09-17-2006, 07:50 AM
I read that Friday was the last day of operations for Mona and her crew. anyone go up over the weekend and see if the ramp is still available?

Phishinfool2
09-17-2006, 11:50 AM
Hey Attavus, I took the ride up saturday morn. it was cold but beautiful.
yes the ramp is still open and i would think and hope even in transition they will leave it open.

Jimbo

n2trout
09-17-2006, 06:09 PM
I fished Silver Lake on Friday. It was Mona's last day operating the launch. The ladies in the store told me if they are around and not busy they may open the store doors to try and unload some merchandise. She also told me she had asked the Kirkwood people if they planned to put a chain up across the ramp while they got ready to take things over. They informed her they had no immediate plans too and were thinking of putting up a box for collecting launch fees. Fishing was good on Friday but we had to put in a lot of work. We faced white caps on the lake as well as snow falling now and then throughout the day. I am still trying to thaw out my fingers hence no report for me yet. ::)

LD
09-18-2006, 05:32 AM
N2,
How was the fishing? I was thinking about going Wednesday afternoon.
LD

red_perception
09-18-2006, 06:51 AM
Hello from Lake Tahoe, that just sounds so sad. :'( My friend JT and I got Snowed on Friday as well! (check the Flyfishing board "Trout Creek Brown" for the pics) Winter is definately on it's way. 31 degrees this morning!Brrrr. Also check the post about Saxon Creek. Good luck, Eric :)

n2trout
09-18-2006, 07:10 AM
N2,
How was the fishing? I was thinking about going Wednesday afternoon.
LD
We caught about 15 fish between the 2 of us. We fished from 7a.m. till about 3 p.m. The wind was our biggest opponent that day. It blew hard enought to keep white caps on the lake for about half the time we fished. I caught fish on Pink Uncle Larry's spinners, shad-rap rapalas and threaded nightcrawlers. I was using silver/green and just silver dodgers in front of the crawlers and the spinners.
We fished 20 to 25 ft down on the riggrers and toplined the rapalas. We trolled at about 1.4 mph unless facing the wind then we had to speed up just to move forward. Hope this info helps you out some.Good luck out there. :)

LD
09-18-2006, 08:34 AM
Thanks N2, Will post if I go.
I do hope that Kirkwood does the lake some good, that is a beautiful place.

LD