PDA

View Full Version : Pine Flat 9-14

otterdiver
09-13-2006, 06:30 PM
Will be heading up tomorrow early afternoon. Any other sniffers going to be up there tomorrow?

Will be monitoring 69 & 16

jcombs
09-13-2006, 07:33 PM
I'll be out there by 2:00. Don't have a radio though. I will be in a Crestliner with white, gold, and blue.

otterdiver
09-13-2006, 08:16 PM
I'll keep an eye out for you. Planning on starting out in the Lombardo's area. I'm pretty easy to identify up there lol.

jcombs
09-13-2006, 09:53 PM
I'll be in the darn area or straight across the lake from the Island Park ramp. Hope to see ya out there.

fishon_chris
09-14-2006, 06:00 AM
Going up tomarrow afternoon let us know how you guys did.

Chris

Ray@q97
09-14-2006, 07:15 AM
good luck today guys......I am going to try real hard to be up there Friday afternoon. Somebody has to help Chris and Mario find their way back to the dock. And heck I need somebody around in case I loose a net.

Ray

otterdiver
09-14-2006, 07:31 AM
we'll certainly report tonight. I'm trophy hunting today... going to try something different but I'm sure my wife and daughter will be trying to fill the boat.

fishon_chris
09-14-2006, 07:50 AM
Good luck to you guys.

Let us know.

Chris :)

Ray@q97
09-14-2006, 12:53 PM
Eric, I am with you....I am going after that "big one" as well. I have a number of 17 - 19 inchers in the Freezer right now......I just need one fish that feeds the entire neighborhood. If I get out tomorrow I am trying a couple of new things........but don't tell let Chris know.

Good luck, I know there are 4 to 5 pounders in there right now.......

Anybody else looking at going Friday or over the weekend?

Ray

fishon_chris
09-14-2006, 02:28 PM
Come on Ray I thought we were working togther.

Yea is anyone else fishing up there tommarrow afternoon.

Chris :)

otterdiver
09-14-2006, 07:56 PM
Well don't know what to say about today. We caught a bunch of fish ... but only 3 rainbows, no trophies but nice fat 16-17 inchers. I stopped counting of the number of kings that went back in at 10 and I know there were more... also had to deal with about 8-10 miniature largemouth. Lot of catching but... one of the worst days I've had up there for trout. I think the weather had a lot to do with it. It was stinking windy up there at times... was hard to deal with even with a boat that weighs what mine does... of course the cabin tends to work as a sail...

If I were to go tomorrow (not sure I would) I think I'd work the area in front of lombardos pretty heavily... some great marks at 40-50' toward the end of the day but they had lockjaw.

Caught one of the strangest trout I've seen in pine flat. It is about 16 inches and must be some kind of hybrid ... thought at first it was a brown. Has the coloration or a brown with huge spots but has the shape of a 'bow. The tail was worn way down so I'm sure it's not one of those phantom pine flat browns ::). Strange hatchery mistake?

Good luck tomorrow!

jcombs
09-14-2006, 09:35 PM
Sounds like my day. Caught 5 rainbows. All were fat 16-17 inchers. Also landed 8 bass and 6 kings. Overall a fun day.