PDA

View Full Version : Pine Flat  9/12/06

fishon_chris
09-13-2006, 06:19 AM
Got on the water at 300 pm.Lanched at Island park.First fish on in the first 10 min of fishing lost it at the boat,not very big fish 14or 15".Got straight over across the lake from island park hooked up again landed a nice 17" bow.Went for a hour shaking 6 or 7 small 6 to9" king salmon off the hooks finally got another pop off on the downrigger at 45ft a nice 18 1/2" rainbow stuffed with shad ( I mean hanging out of his mouth).The last fish I got was a 15" bow.All fish were cought 25ft to 45ft on the wire.Iused shad colored excels,needlefish,cripplures,Apex.I fished across from lambardos to the boyline at the dam.I also tried the powerlines area with no success.The lake is droping fast still and that I think is slowing the fishing.You must find the bait in the water to catch the fish.When ever I would see a shad boil I would hook up a Rainbow.

About thoes kings ,Their bellies look like they are going to burst.These fish have so much food to feed on they are going to get big fast.
All the fish I cought were successfully relesed back.Make sure you guys relese them back to get big.Try not to handle these fish.Use the pliers and shake them off the hook.

Looking forward to friday afternoon. ;D

Fishon Chris :)

Ray@q97
09-13-2006, 06:42 AM
Glad you got a couple of hooks ups, sounds like about what I did Saturday. But I am sure you had a great time Chris, probably had the lake to yourself. I did not end up with any of the Kings, when those guys grow it will be lots fun. I'll see what I can do about Friday.....it there is anyway I would love to be out there with you guys.......

Ray

Ray@q97
09-13-2006, 07:07 AM
And hey Chris......how come you get to take off two business afternoons to fish? One a week I can see, but two? It doesn't seem right does it guys? Wonder if his Parole Officer is aware of this?

fishon_chris
09-13-2006, 07:26 AM
The officer said go do it you have not gone fishing for a wile 8-)

Chris :)

Viking
09-13-2006, 04:06 PM
Chris,

Glad to here that you got your boat back on the water and managed to catch a few. Sounds like the bite is not red hot, but at least some are showing up. You didn't say how you did at Shaver at the KP derby?

Hopefully, I will be able to clear my decks and get up to Pine Flat soon.

Viking

fishon_chris
09-14-2006, 05:58 AM
Did not fish the derby.
Chris