PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport

iron-man
08-24-2006, 05:20 PM
Been up there dunkin worms a few times this Summer. Been doing real good. Thought that I knew the lake pretty good.Just walked in the door after experiencing probably the worst trip ever. Two days and two trout in the boat. Tried trolling today for one and about five bites. No one was doing anything. I did see a 5 lber that was caught Wed. Don't know where but was a nice fish. Did catch a few Sac perch and some carp. There must be a fire in the area. The area around Clarks Fork and Immigrant Basin was pretty well smoked in. A large cloud hung over B P lake all day wed. Didn't move all day, sure was strange. Still beats working but I took a friend there for his first trip toB P and I was a bit embarased by the poor outing. But I guess thats why it's called fishing and not catching. Hope you all do better than me. iron-man

NRJohn
08-24-2006, 06:49 PM
Bummer. Did you fish in Buckeye? I'm planning on going up mid Sept. Hopefully it'll pick up again.

iron-man
08-25-2006, 06:56 AM
Kinda sorta. Fished on the drop off between Buckeye and Sandy point just out of he weeds. The lake has dropped about 4-5 ft in the last 2-3 weeks.Some of the weeds are dissapearing over in the shallower areas.There were some folks fishing way up toward the West shore in the buckeye Bay area. But like I said didn't see much action on the lake or at the cleaning station. The guide who I know very, very well has started trolling to catch a few fish. Says that his best lures are a red and white needle fish and a black and silver rapella about 2 inches long. I trolled with flashers and worms, the needle fish and the rapalla and an orange Z ray, got bites on the needle fish and the Z ray.The best that I saw was a guy that caught 3 each day dunkin worms.On wed. he was 100 ft from us using the same bait as us. He caught 3 and had 2 more bites. We caught nothing there so moved and caught a bunch of carp and Sac perch.The wind came up each day, around 11:00 blowing pretty hard.WE fished to around 1:30 on Wed thinking the wind would help.Went to Topaz for dinner and a little blackjack. Made enough to pay for the fuel and dinner. Good luck iron-man

troutfan
08-26-2006, 12:42 PM
Great fishing is about two or three weeks away! ;)