PDA

View Full Version : New Melones 8/16

snoose
08-16-2006, 01:42 PM
Hitched a ride with Oxbow today looking for Bows. It was my first time hitching a ride with another Sniffer. I had a ball. We met at the gh ramp at 0545. headed to Carson cove. Found out one downrigger was down for the count, oh well. Larry dropped the other side and I put out a surface line.
Got one Bow 2 5# at 64ft on a silver apex. that was the first and last hit of the day.
I enjoyed my time with Larry and am looking forward to doing it again.
I learned quite a lot from him on how to use the downriggers.
thanks Larry
Snoose

Oxbow
08-16-2006, 04:39 PM
Fun day on the water snoose, even if the fishing was slow, thanks for coming along.

Ironhead
08-16-2006, 08:15 PM
Fishing may have been slow, but it sure beat my day behind the desk fighting this head cold. May be just a bit early for those bows, but it is just around the corner. We all know Oxbow will find those babies.
Thanks for the report.

Ironhead

zinger
08-16-2006, 09:20 PM
Like Ironhead said, that fall rainbow bite is right around the corner and boy am I excited! Congrats on getting out on the water and trying your luck though. I haven't been out targeting bows since probably April, I am definitely due.

LD
08-17-2006, 11:39 AM
Snoose,
I recently had a trip with Larry, and like you it was my 1st time fishing with another sniffer.
I found him to be good company, and someone with good knowledge of fishing that he would share.
And a good story teller too!
Definitely 1st class in my book.
LD

snoose
08-17-2006, 11:53 AM
lite drag, amen to that but we better not swell the old farts head too much ;) ;)
I learned enough from him to go flyin the ball with tortuga and griffonder tomorrow.
You youngins might call that bouncing but the man at the helm is flying that sucker.
I just got the ok from the old lady to hang the name "Flyin The Ball" on the party barge.
Tortuga and griff will be my button men but I am driving. I dont fear those humps anymore and have told tortuga I wont kill him if we hang up.
And Yep, Larry has a lot of wisdom. It aint all just stories.
Snoose

LD
08-17-2006, 12:32 PM
Better be carful who you call an old fart, cause I resemble that!
;D ;D

snoose
08-17-2006, 12:51 PM
I delight in being called one [smiley=yahoo.gif] [smiley=yahoo.gif] it gives me wide license

Oxbow
08-17-2006, 01:12 PM
Aw shucks guys, thanks for the kind words but I promise to keep wearing the same size hat. ;D

Good luck with the humps tomorrow Snoose!

LD
08-18-2006, 10:36 AM
Aw shucks guys, thanks for the kind words but I promise to keep wearing the same size hat. *

Why... when you reach a certain age you can wear anything you want...

[smiley=stirthepot.gif] ;D

Oxbow
08-18-2006, 12:02 PM
You can probably wear anything you want at my age but it would be pretty ugly if I wore my birthday suit. * ;D

LD
08-18-2006, 12:07 PM
You can probably wear anything you want at my age but it would be pretty ugly if I wore my birthday suit. *

OK...OK...you win!!!
[smiley=worthy.gif] [smiley=worthy.gif]
[smiley=clap.gif] [smiley=clap.gif]

Not to mention... [smiley=yikes.gif] [smiley=yikes.gif]