PDA

View Full Version : wheres the action on hwy 88

fulltroutjones
08-15-2006, 06:11 PM
we are meeting some family to fish this weekend,they are comin from carson city ,we are in the bay area..we are supposed to meet somewhere off 88..any suggestions? stream or lake..

atavuss
08-15-2006, 06:38 PM
do you have a boat, or going to be fishing from the shore or bank? lots of recent posts here in this forum about Caples lake and Upper and Lower Blue lakes kicking out fish.

fulltroutjones
08-15-2006, 07:33 PM
bank fishing ,thanks for the info.

SierraSkier
08-15-2006, 08:21 PM
I would think Blue Lakes road and hike around Blue Lakes. The wild flower show is completely off the hood right now at Carson Pass. Hike into the Mokulomne Wilderness from Carson Pass and head back to Winnemuka Lake. The hike takes 1 hour for a fit person on a mission. Count on two hours to check out the flower show. Winnemuka is fishing really well, and the hike is fantastic.

Phishinfool2
08-16-2006, 07:37 AM
Caples would be a good choice for now as Atavuss suggested. You can fish either side of the Spillway, I would recomend EARLY morning fishing, I like to throw rainbow pwr bait on a sliding sinker to either the orange string that spans the entrance to the spliiway or just past, I go just outside the string on 88 side out 30-50 yards there is a nice deep gulley they like to hang in. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Jimbo

brookies
08-16-2006, 07:47 AM
Try the West Carson from just above Woodfords all the way up Blue Lakes road. Lots of planters and hold overs. They will be planting the West Carson and Caples lake this week.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Brookies

Hooked
08-17-2006, 09:50 PM
Has anyone had any experience with Silver Lake? Is it easy access? Are there any good fishing streams near by?

Thanks in advance.

Phishinfool2
08-18-2006, 06:47 AM
been to silver a few times recently bad stories only it was just rough.
Jimbo

The_Big_Sinus
08-18-2006, 07:15 AM
Silver's one of my favorite lakes to fish- hold off until mid-September to get the better action.

fishnhockey
08-18-2006, 08:17 AM
Just got back from 5 days up there, will post a full report later, but the short version.

West Carson- almost zero action, fished from Woodfords up to the Hope Valley Bridge, 3 4 inch down at the first crossing, that was it for the day.

East Carson-very slow, spent a total of 16 hours out there and got 8 fish between the 2 of us.

Blue Lake Upper-6 hours 4 lines and 1 fish (the only bite)

Blue Lakes Lower-8 fish in just over an hour and then nothing for the next 5 hours. Though the people that kept moving into the point limited out in less than 2 hours and that happened twice before it settled down.

All from the bank. Everyone we talked to about the rivers had the same experience, with the exception of those who hiked down from Hangman's Bridge to the CAndR.

Hope that helps a little.

n2trout
08-18-2006, 09:09 AM
I would try the blue lakes. Silver has been really slow. Caples has been alright but I think better from boat. Lots of great posts on the blue lakes and I have talked to a fella that lives up that way. He has been knocking them dead. Just my 2 cents

jackthegreat
08-18-2006, 09:16 AM
Lower Bear River was hitting from the shore a week ago. I landed 5 decent sized trout from the rocky point down from the boat ramp to the right looking at the lake. I hit it in the early evening, about dusk, and the guys that were setting up when I was leaving told me that they were hitting even stronger after dark there the night before.

fulltroutjones
08-18-2006, 09:26 AM
looks like we will be hittin lower bear saturday,shore fishing...is the river accesible from the lake???would rather do some river fishing,but it looks like i might be dunking powerbait or crawlers..