PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Dodgers, and combos.

Trout_Terminator
08-15-2006, 05:00 PM
I am just wondering what type of dodgers (counting a sling blade as a dodger), and combos so you like. i prefer using vances watermellon with a crawler. what are some of yours?

fish_feeder32
08-15-2006, 05:23 PM
Seps watermelon dodger with 4ft leader red beed right before the hook and a grub on the hook soaked in power bait garlic scent.

fish_junky
08-15-2006, 07:19 PM
My favorite brand is Sep's. I have caught more fish with Sep's than any other. Although my favorite to use is the sling blades because they don't spin at higher speed and have better action. My favorite combo is Sep's Watermellon with a trailing worm or for Kokanee, a uncle Larry's Pinkey.

Mr_Ed
08-15-2006, 08:27 PM
I have both seps & vance.........no real difference.

Chrome (silver) is the best all-around dodger for everything.

A red wedding ring with a 15" leader finishes the combo.

zinger
08-15-2006, 09:12 PM
A Vance's Sockeye Slammer tipped with crawler behind a Vance's dodger is tough to beat. All of the other dodgers are great though, especially that Crystal Basin Wild Thing.

highlands
08-16-2006, 05:28 AM
Seps, watermelon, 2 foot leader, hook with half a jumbo crawler. Kills em in Pardee, Amador, Icehouse, Caples and Silver

FreshwaterFrank
08-16-2006, 05:46 AM
My favorite Dodger is Pee-Wee Reese, because Pee-Wee is the perfect name for a stinking Dodger!!! Ha Ha!

Seriously, baseball politics aside I like Slingblades & Sep's watermelons. I only use them for kokes, and they add minimal drag to the gear.

LD
08-16-2006, 08:22 AM
Seps Watermelon or Rainbow trout color, and half a crawler add a little corn scent... also sometimes a grub.
I do want to get some Crystal basin dodgers, next on my list to try. :-/ ;)
LD

SuperDave
08-16-2006, 08:33 AM
I refuse to use dodgers for trout. I'll catch them naked or not at all.

LD
08-16-2006, 08:53 AM
I'll catch them naked or not at all.

[smiley=yikes.gif] [smiley=yikes.gif] [smiley=yikes.gif]
;D ;D ;D

Fishing_Fanatic
08-16-2006, 09:13 AM
I have my best luck with Sling blades! Especially like the new mid-size blades... They are just about all that I use now (for kokes or trout). I like the plain Silver most, but the pink and red are also good basic colors to have in your box.

I troll faster than most... usually 1.8 to 2.2 mph. Sling blades are perfect for this.. I usually follow the blades with lures... don't use worms very much unless nothing else is working.

If I use worms, I will use a small SEPS dodger 2 to 3 feet in front. The best ones for me are the plain silver (chrome) and the chrome with green reflective tape.

;D ;D

horseshoes_mom
08-16-2006, 10:04 AM
I like sling blades and watermelon wild thing but Frog is an old stand by Ford Fender man who has caught many a trout with this using a worm or power bait.

NRJohn
08-16-2006, 01:45 PM
I like Seps in watermelon with half a crawler about 12" back. It's been very effective in the lakes I've used it. Out fished 3 other rods by at least a 2-1 margin at Crowley this past opener. Other rods were running various lures.