PDA

View Full Version : Edison 8/4-8/6

mtalley
08-07-2006, 07:41 PM
Took my wife, our son, and my wife's parents and sister w/ her boyfreind camping at Edison this past weekend. *We took our pontoon/party boat and camped near Mono Creek. *It was great. *Our first night a good two hour thunderstorm hit us. *It wasn't too cold and it never got hot, the temp was perfect. *The fishing was a little slow but we managed around 12 browns trolling. *Other than that we only caught 1 bow trolling and three bows off the bank. *So the brown to bow ratio was very good, we could have just used a few more. *For a while an AC Plug 4" skinny was the hot ticket then the next day they wanted anything metal. *They came on a Thomas Boyant, a humdinger and a cripplure. *Color didn't matter as long as it was at 40' from the dam to the first rock that comes of the North shore. *Didn't catch anything huge but it was nice to catch some good looking browns. *Water temp was 66 and there weren't many fisherman at the lake. *I would not advice taking a pontoon boat back there, the drive wasn't much fun.

JoeTech
08-07-2006, 08:53 PM
Right on good work. I havent been able hit that lake this year. So what was your biggest fish?

Atwater
08-07-2006, 11:45 PM
Thanks for that great report, Marty! It's been a hot summer, with high water....at least you got some nice browns, and survived the road!!!

fishon_chris
08-08-2006, 06:10 AM
Great results your crazy to bring a pontoon boat back there.

Chris ;)

mtalley
08-08-2006, 09:30 AM
Yeah it took a while to get the boat back in there. Th largest fish was only about 16" long. Also, there was a very vocal pack of Coyotes near the creek that howled day and night.

Crazy_Angler
08-08-2006, 01:50 PM
I'm thinking about getting a few AC plugs, so they were catching fish?

mtalley
08-08-2006, 05:24 PM
AC's were the only lure to catch a fish on Fri and Sat. I tried a number of Rapalas, spoons and even flasher/crawlers. On Sunday the fish liked "metal lures." One group of guys said they had been there all week and only caught 2 fish, within 4 hours the AC's put 4 in the boat, nothing to brag about but a lot better than those poor guys. I like the "skinney's" if you are going after bows because of their smaller profile. I also like the real trout and hatchery (that caught my biggest brown.) If you want any go to acplugs.com and place an order because they are 2 for 1 right now. And no, I do not get any kick back from them, I just love the lure. Make sure that you don't use them within a hundred mile radius of Madera, because that's where I live. I suggest the 4" skinney's in striped rainbow for quantity of fish.

JoeTech
08-08-2006, 09:31 PM
Marty - I went to the website, but I didnt see where they say there 2 for 1. Maybe the sale is over :-/. I really need to get me some of those AC plugs. I've hurd so much about these plugs but there so darn expensive and so many types and colors to choose from.

mtalley
08-09-2006, 07:29 AM
Joe,
I just checked the website and your right, I don't see the offer on there anymore. Sorry I misled you, I should have checked the website before posting.