PDA

View Full Version : Rollins lake?

3girlsdad
08-04-2006, 05:11 AM
I am new to the forum, and value the info. I am going camping with some family and friends, and wanted to know if the fishing is any good?

AllFishNoWork
08-04-2006, 07:08 AM
Welcome to the boards 3girlsdad! We don't get too many reports on Rollins, especially this time of year. I have never fished it, maybe one of the other members will come along and give some insight.

robert_long
08-04-2006, 07:36 AM
Welcome. :) Up the Bear arm fishing can be good but the ski boats and jet boats will ruin your chance to fish. >:(

Robert

johnauburn
08-05-2006, 08:51 PM
Get on by sunrise and off three hous later. Jet ski's, and alot of them. Up the inlet is good very fist thing on repalas for a wondering brown. Hug the shoreline. Then troll your way out with a Sep's dodger and worm for the plants. Good luck.

PickLeNose
08-06-2006, 06:10 PM
I live about 2-3 miles from this lake, its really a sleeper lake once the summer ends, its deep and has a couple creeks and a small river running into it. There are some nice fish in it you just have to wait for the other kinds of boats to head south for the winter, lol. A good buddy of mine shore fishes with PB and inflated crawlers from the dam, does reall well at dusk.

Pick

3girlsdad
08-08-2006, 09:09 AM
Thank you for thr response. I took my three daughters, and after two days of nothing I left it up to the girls. My four year old demanded to fish on the boat dock with no weight and a worm.... I decided to let them do it and after two hours and four fish!!!!! I decided to start letting them fish the way they want. :-?