PDA

View Full Version : Mc swain

rbilly029
08-06-2006, 12:17 PM
Saturday:
Started fishing mclure for bass with a friend. bass fishing was dead so we decided to go for trout. we decided to go down to Mc swain due to the fact that we did not have any down riggers. started at noon and pulled out 4 by 1:00 pm all dfg planters on triple teasers with flashers, water temp was at 64 degrees. all the trout were small for mc swain once they hit you could not event tell they were on until we got them to the boat.

Slim
08-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Saturday:
Started fishing mclure for bass with a friend. bass fishing was dead so we decided to go for trout. we decided to go down to Mc swain due to the fact that we did not have any down riggers. started at noon and pulled out 4 by 1:00 pm all dfg planters on triple teasers with flashers, water temp was at 64 degrees. all the trout were small for mc swain once they hit you could not event tell they were on until we got them to the boat.

Did you knoticed anyone fishin the Mill Pond Below Mc Swain?? I used to float that.. did catch some nice bows and a couple of Brookies in the Mill Pond...

Slim

rbilly029
08-07-2006, 04:30 PM
If you are talking about the forbay between mc swain and the pg&e dam i always see people fishing off the hornitas bridge. its a really productive place to fish. it runs right by the old merced falls mills?
i have not fished it in years. last time i was there i was told by the ranger that since its moving water the rainbows can spawn there so you do have a chance at a wild trout.