PDA

View Full Version : mokelueome river

troutfish4life
07-22-2006, 11:34 AM
Well guess what the river has finally opened and Im going the last few times that ive been there i have caught 20"+ trout.............. ;D

stuckinlodi
07-22-2006, 03:31 PM
What do you mean it finally opened? Is there a section that has been closed lately? I know the section below Comanche closes March to May but anywhere else should be open.

stuckinlodi
07-23-2006, 07:42 PM
I fished below Comanche this morning. I caught a couple fo small rainbows, one nice looking 12" rainbow and I fed what appeared to be a rather large white flash but that is all I could discern. After a couple of hours of sun I decided to leave. The water was at 1200 cfs and that is still a bit high but very fishable.

troutfish4life
07-24-2006, 08:14 AM
The part at Clements has been closed for a while . yesturday was the frist time in a while that i was able to fish this spot.I caught and reseased two nice 15" .

fish_feeder32
07-24-2006, 09:52 AM
has any one fished the mokelumne river at middle bar or electra road? any info or tips please. I was told that they are already catching some kokeanee at electra is this true?

stuckinlodi
07-24-2006, 09:53 AM
Glad to hear you caught some nice fish. I just fed them some eggs yesterday. I plan on hitting below comanche and clements a little more now that the flows are finally dropping.
I dont want to ask you to be to specific, but do you use lures? Bait? or Fly's?

troutfish4life
07-24-2006, 09:32 PM
i used a worm it works great drifting over the holes!!! ;D

hunkfisher
07-24-2006, 11:23 PM
Kokanee already, seems kinda early i thought they did not run until October thats when i see the whole lot of the red fish up there. Moke should be good up there had a buddy who went used mepps and crickets caught three nice fish 12+ and 2 11" fish in an hour and a half at the electra access where on the road i dont know for sure.

Brad "Hunkfisher"

[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

stuckinlodi
07-25-2006, 09:02 AM
i used a worm it works great drifting over the holes!!!

Ahhh, worms. I don't think I have tried them. But now I will.
Thanks for the info.

ndiezel
07-25-2006, 12:44 PM
Kokes in the Mokulumne???? I never heard of such a thing. I know this spot in Clemments and I have had several 10-20 fish days in my past. Been fishing there at least the last 20 years. It's all private property but I have access through a family friend that ownes the property. When the bite is on, you can catch all day.

fish_feeder32
07-25-2006, 09:03 PM
yes there is kokes in the mokelumne river only up by jackson they come out of pardee and run up to the dam at electra power house for there spawn its only about a three mile section of river that they are in and they are hard to catch.

troutfish4life
07-26-2006, 07:36 AM
make sure that the worm is straight and not curled around the hookl a worm threader work great! :) :)