PDA

View Full Version : Saturday report and slide show..

Slim
07-02-2006, 09:00 PM
Fished Beardsley Afterbay again this weekend. But this time I fished from 7 am to 4 pm. Not till o-dark-thirty like I normally like to do. The difference was, I *only caught a couple and got *just a few hits. Last week the water turned hot = (fish risin & biting all over the place) around 5:30ish till dark...

Anyway took tons of picture of the water and one of the brown. Tough not to let the new camera get wet from the fish floppin all around, so it's not a great pic . If I can only get my fishin partner back fishin and not training for the Death ride (Biking) then maybe he can snap the picture for me *while I hold up the fish...oh well..

Slide show of the water is
1- fisherman where the spill runs out
2- the spill going into the afterbay
3- down the AB
4 through 8- Water comming down the spill
9- water comming out of the Dam
10- Midge mating ( The fish were eating the midges like candy)
11- The Brown
12- a Bird also eating on the midges
13 through 14- the AB *view from the Dam

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v12/slim1/Beardsley%20slide/?action=view&slideshow=true

Hope you all had a great weekend.. Be safe on this 4th !!!!

Slim

highlands
07-03-2006, 06:49 AM
Great Pics - Thanks

YakMotor
07-03-2006, 10:25 AM
Nice shots! I enjoyed your slidw show. THANKS!

New camera? What'd get?

trout_man
07-03-2006, 03:34 PM
awesome pictures.

Duzwatido
07-03-2006, 03:45 PM
Thanks for posting the pics Slim. Man I need to get up there, I love the afterbay!!!!! Thanks for keeping me motivated, maybe next week I will head up for a day trip.

cuhogn
07-03-2006, 03:49 PM
Very nice slide show.

Jim
07-03-2006, 05:21 PM
As always Slim, good report and GREAT *;) PICTURES. Always look forward to your posts

Jim

Farrier_Frank
07-03-2006, 05:38 PM
The slide show worked great, even on my slow phone lines. Thanks for the report, Slim.

wolfden
07-03-2006, 08:44 PM
Nice report and a great slide show

Slim
07-03-2006, 09:06 PM
Nice shots! *I enjoyed your slidw show. *THANKS!

New camera? *What'd get?

Before, I had a nikon coolpix which almost fits in the pocket. I was careful not to get it wet although it did a few times when the fish splashed around. But about 2 months ago I bought a Nikon D50 SLR . Not as compact nor as easy to operate with just one hand. Much more expensive, so I have to be much more careful using it around water!!!

Water and digital cameras don't do well together!!

Slim

YakMotor
07-04-2006, 01:35 AM
Nikon D50! How UN-Cool! But, it sure takes good pictures! I'm jealous. Keep up the good shooting and sharing.

Oh, I realize your camera is a lot bigger than my small shirt pocket Casio, but you might try a Zip-Lock (with a sliding zipper) plastic bag as protection to keep most water off it. Yopu might even try shooting from inside but it will probably give you a soft focus effect (like creative wedding photographer's charge extra for) but at least it would keep water and fish slime splashes off it.

troutfan
07-04-2006, 01:53 AM
Great Pics Slim! Thanks for sharing.