PDA

View Full Version : SKUNKED today 070306 @lafayette!

photohawk
07-03-2006, 06:10 PM
I went to Lafayette by myself today. Got there at 6 and boy, was the weather terrible! It was VERY windy,cold and black clouds (fog) in the sky. Wish I would have brought my jacket! By the end of my day it was beautiful but still no bites.
Used powerbait on one pole and threw everything in my tackle box with the other. I did not even get one nibble!!! [smiley=angry.gif] No one around me looked like they were getting anything either. I was there for 7 hours in 3 different spots! May go again tomorrow just not sure where. It really sucks getting skunked (and I don't want to hear "at least you were out there" ;)

flyguy
07-03-2006, 06:28 PM
Hey photohawk,

Sounds like your signature caught up with you.

"The fishin' is always good! It's the catchin' part that sometimes sucks"!

;)

All kidding aside, and respecting your not wanting to hear that dreaded phrase that is well know in skunkdom, I've only been to the lafayette reservoir once, and honestly didn't care for it.

Bank access seems very limited, and if you're not there early, my guess is you're pretty much sol. Boating it may be more productive, but even the scenery there seems flat to me. (hey, if you're not catching anything, you should at least have something to look at).

If you do go out tomorrow, best of luck. Personally I'm waiting until after the 4th, so I don't have to deal with the crowds.

Mickey_Thomas
07-03-2006, 06:57 PM
Don't feel bad photohawk, I was skunked at the most prolific lake in the US, Flaming Gorge Utah the first day I was there ::) Get back on that horse, things will be better tomorrow ;) For the rest of my trip at Flaming Gorge I must have caught over 100 fish, Kok's, Trout, Bass and Mackinaws :D :D :D Things change very quickly at times, hope you do better tomorrow 8-)

Farrier_Frank
07-03-2006, 07:01 PM
At least you were out there, Photohawk. 8-) I have no idea where Lafayette is; even looked on the Sniffer map and it ain't there. But if it was cold and foggy at Lafayette this morning then I wish I had been fishing with you... where I was it was HOT!

Getting skunked is part of the fishing game so get use to it. The best get skunked. You just don't hear about it.... Although, every now and then, some of the best threads are about skunk trips; and they're usually fun to read. Getting skunked is nothing to lose sleep over, it's just part of the fishing game.... Just be glad you got a chance to go fishing. ;)

Mickey_Thomas
07-03-2006, 07:04 PM
At least you were out there, Photohawk Dang it Frank, I was going to say that ;D

photohawk
07-03-2006, 07:05 PM
I thought about waiting, but it does not get busy until around 11:00. I will get there at 6:00 if I go there or contra loma. This morning, not a soul around when I got there, just a few people walking. Just have to stay close to the path to have a scenery! ;)

photohawk
07-03-2006, 07:13 PM
I have no idea where Lafayette is; even looked on the Sniffer map and it ain't there.

Lafayette is right next to Walnut Creek and Pleasant Hill, which is where I live).
I just saw on their website that the last time they stocked trout was 3 weeks ago and the next time won't be until September/August.

FishRman
07-03-2006, 10:05 PM
If you got skunked im assuming you were near the handicap docks on the west side. If trout is what you wanted you should have hit the south side. More precisely, south east area where there are no docks. There is an underwater spring that gives off cold water and the trout are ALWAYS there. I work a sporting goods store downthe way and ALWAYS find time to fish there.

photohawk
07-03-2006, 10:16 PM
actually, I started out on the east side and got nothing so I moved near the office on the other side of the damn after half the morning went by.

Thanks for the info though!