PDA

View Full Version : Lake Almanor info please

Munnster
06-24-2006, 06:58 AM
Asking any sniffers out there for reports about Lake Almanor. Will be ther for a week over the 4th. Bryan, (Big Daddy's Guide Service) if you read this could you pm me asap?
Thanks to all.

Fisher-Munn(used to be Munnster)

firetrout
06-24-2006, 10:08 AM
Hey Fisher-Munn,

I will be up there for 10 days starting on Thursday. I will be on the radio channel 69. What area do you stay , camping, trailer or house?

I do know that red/gold speedy shiners work for trolling at about 2-2.5 mph. Crawlers also at slow speed. Not sure if the cricket/meal worm is hitting yet.

Also check in for info at the Ayoobs and across the street at the other sporting goods store in Chester.

crestliner
06-26-2006, 11:21 AM
I am also going to be up there this weekend .
I am trying to find out more about what is working now .
I will keep you posted .
;)
Remember the speedy shiner has to be bent slightly !

Just alittle ......

Munnster
06-26-2006, 03:48 PM
Firetrout and Crestliner - Bryan form Big Daddys Guide Service doesn't fish Almanor much in the summer. He concentrates at Eagle and Davis Lakes. He did say though to fish the springs area and also that the Hex hatch should be starting so fish the west shore. Also, I heard on Sep's morning radio show another guide from that area said to use rapalas and needlefish. I'm sure trolling deep will be the answer. I will be there on Saturday around noon, launch the boat and will be checking into Knotty Pine Resort, cabin #1. Will be staying until the following Saturday. Will be on Ch69. Hope to talk to you both.

Dan O - will give you a report back when I return.

Fisher-Munn

firetrout
06-26-2006, 04:22 PM
Crestliner, Right about the bend in the shiner and don't forget to add some juice. ;)

Hope you'll be on the radio as well. I'll be on in the boat and I have a portable I'll keep my ears on for the reports.

Hope to see everyone.

gfishes
06-26-2006, 09:26 PM
Regarding Speedy Shiners...tie directly to the lure and use a Siwash hook...troll at about 3 mph.

LACCBrown2
06-28-2006, 04:59 PM
I fished lake almanor lasy weekend and didn't have any luck until sunday morning. The high water seems to have the fish confused and us as well. It seemed like the fish are hugging the bottom and we finally got into them fishing 44 feet deep in 46 feet of water by rec 2. We were trolling a worm naked about .8-1.0 mph. We only caught one fish on fri and sat but from about 8 -11 on sunday morning we couldn't even get the rods out before we had another take. We landed 5 rainbows between 15-22 inches and missed about 10 other takes due to malfunctioning downrigger clips. The fished were schooled together but were moving day to day so finding them and finding where they were feeding was the hard part.

Munnster
06-28-2006, 06:14 PM
LACCBrown2 - thank you for the report. Did you try any other lures etc. or just the crawler? How was the boat traffic?
Thanks,

Fisher-Munn

vvbob
06-28-2006, 08:36 PM
Be prepared for the wake boaders.....They think they own the lake & figure 100 feet is far enough from a troller. >:(
I have had good luck trolling F7 Rapala's about 40 feet deep from Hamilton Branch *to the south past Lassen View resort about 1/4 mile, and to the North up to Big Cove Resort.
Troll them 2.25-2.5 MPH.

Munnster
06-29-2006, 05:49 AM
Vacaville Bob - thank you for the info. Will fish early in those areas before the traffic.

Fisher-Munn

crestliner
06-29-2006, 05:53 AM
Hey thanks for the depth info ! * ;)
Just to know that will help greatly ......

Thanks

LACCBrown2
06-29-2006, 04:46 PM
We did catch one trout on a needlefish that was trolled at the same depth and speed as the worms but that was the only lures we tried. The boat traffic wasn't too bad last weekeend but it was picking up around 10 a.m. It will be ridiculous this weekend though and i think that saying they stay 100 feet away is generous, they get right up on you. The good news is by the time it gets too bad ita about nap time anyways. I'll be up there this weekend but will be mainly focusing on the morning and evening hatch as it should be pretty good now.