PDA

View Full Version : Prospect, Oregon.   First timer needs some he

outofthehole
06-12-2006, 05:36 PM
I will be going to Prospect in a week. Taking my boys10 and 13. Does anyone know of good places to fish from shore? Hidden lakes? What works best, bait, Lures, etc.? Any help on this area will be appreciated as this is my first trip to this area. Thanks

outofthehole
06-14-2006, 07:32 PM
WOW 35 views and not one bit of info come on guys "throw me a bone" :)

pontoon_crew
06-14-2006, 07:45 PM
We caught a bunch of trout on the Rogue throwing little Panther Martins and Kastmasters.Goodluck

Ikan_Mas
06-14-2006, 08:12 PM
Gee, a week in Prospect. There's just too much to do. I spent a summer up there and its home turf for a Meford Boy. Tons of Fishing:

:D The Rogue from Touvelle Park up to Lost Creek Dam for Trout (wild salmon is closed due to low run I think, but adipose clipped hatcher fish are still for the taking)
:D Lost Creek Lake for Trout and smallmouth
:D Upper Rogue from above the lake to its headwaters near Crater Lake (Hike in along the upper Rogue Trail)
:D Union Creek
:D Diamond Lake
:D Minnehaha Creek (flows into upper Rogue, as the Ranger District where it is)
:D Upper Klamath Lake
:D Wood River
:D Williamsom River

Check out http://www.dfw.state.or.us/RR/southwest/ or the Medford Mail Tribune on line for more info.

Nice thing about Oregon, when you buy a fishing license, the computer remember's who you are (even out of staters). Ton's better than the CA carbon paper system.

outofthehole
06-16-2006, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the info! Seems like no shortage of places to fish.

outofthehole
06-28-2006, 04:40 PM
With 2 families and me being the only fisherman, I did not do as much fishin as I would of liked. Only 1 day, and it was a bust. I did take the kids fishin a couple times and they all caught fish. Medco ponds above Prospect was a great place for the kids, the little girl caught the most 5 crappie, 2 bass, and 1 trout.

jfish986
06-28-2006, 09:24 PM
Sounds like fun. :D

I go to school in Eugene.
If I were you I would fish the Williamson River.
Much of it is private property but you can find spots to get a shot at
some monster trout.
Use floating rapalas.
The F-7 is my top choice. ;)
I know of a place in between Klamath Falls and Crater Lake.
It is a campground with river access.
Great spot if you can find it. Can't remember the name though.

Also give Diamond Lake a try.
I have never fished it personally but they are poisoning the lake :'( in the
fall so the lake is being lowered quite a bit 8 ft I think.
Due to some nonnative fish the tui chub.
Less area = better fishing
Also the limits are quite large.
I have heard trolling spoons and fishing worms/ power bait on the anchor has been productive.
There are some huge trout in there also.

If you get a chance to get up to the Eugene area and fish the Mackenzie River send me a pm and I will set you up for that.
I fished it daily at school.

Good Luck!!! ;D

jfish986
06-28-2006, 09:26 PM
Sorry didn't read the last post.
Wish I would have seen the post earlier.

SalmonSeeker
06-29-2006, 09:25 AM
If you have time to get to medford area I would suggest Howard prarie lake. I've caught literally around 60 fish in one day up to 5lbs. Try renting a boat and going down behind the Island near the dam. It might be a little crowded but good fishing.

P.S. Get a turquoise boat with a cover because it gets really windy and wavy. Try all colors of powerbait. especially rainbow.