PDA

View Full Version : Bowman lake info??

fishman20
06-26-2006, 09:27 PM
I am going up to bowman lake this weekend. It is a fairly small reservoir around truckee Ca, and I can't find much information on it anywhere for fishing. I was wondering if anyone has fished their and if so can I get some tips from them. Not sure if anyone has been their but thought this would be the place to ask. Hope everyone has a safe 4th of july weekend.....

Mad_Russian
06-26-2006, 09:40 PM
I fished Bowman this past Saturday, didnt catch anything but then again I didnt have a boat, and if you bank fish there, expect a lot of ''rockfish''....

vito
06-27-2006, 10:18 AM
The koke bite is strong from the bank casting salmon eggs with 1 single split shot into the creek mouth (road side). Otherwise I have a decent luck with a powerbait/worm combo from the banks inside the cove by the campgrounds - just leave it out there until something hits it. The water is very clear and any distractions will spook the fish. I've only fished there from my boat once and blanked at the time - before I had riggers.

johnbfishin
06-27-2006, 11:19 AM
There are some nice browns in Bowman that feed on the kokes who tend to be on the small side so imitating them with a Kastmaster or something of the like might bring you some luck. You can night fish there also so floating a crawler under a bobber or as was said off of the bottom usually works. Browns like low light conditions. ;)

fishman20
06-28-2006, 05:22 PM
Thanks alot for the information guys, I really apreicate it. I will let you know if I catch any.