PDA

View Full Version : power worms

fulltroutjones
06-26-2006, 06:34 AM
they say fish bite and wont let go.i was wondering what your experience with this bait was.i tried them at lower bear when i ran out of real worms and continued to catch fish.then i went to Don Pedro Saturday for jet skiing with my brother and put my 4 year old nephew onto his very first fish ,a bluegill,with one..i told him to cast out,,i set the bobber on his line and told him what to do when the bobber bounced..well i turn around for a minute and all the kids are screaming..and he is reeling in like a mad man,ear to ear grin.he landed the fish ,we let it go and now we have a new fisherman...so we went to the cabin in Pine Mtn Lake and i woke early Sunday to go fish the river at Rainbow Pools..i forgot my worms in the fridge so i once agian tried the power worms,and it was one after another..they really were tugging at the worm with out letting go..i must have had that jar of power worms for over a year.so i have to say they seem to work pretty well..you guys have any luck with them?

LD
06-26-2006, 07:56 AM
I haven't tried them yet... I too have had some for quite a while. I will definately try them soon.
Were you just bank fishing, or did you get to troll with them? How did you rig them?
LD

LD
06-26-2006, 08:11 AM
I forgot to ask, what color? and how did you fish them??
LD

zinger
06-26-2006, 09:03 AM
I haven't used them by themselves, but I have used them as a part of a "powermouse" while trolling. It worked quite well.

Click here (http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1136528230/3#3) for the link to an explanation and illustration of the "powermouse".

keviwa
06-26-2006, 09:38 AM
They work great! *I havent trolled with them, but know people do quite well doing so. *I have used them alot the last two years tossing them from the bank. My setup is as follows; Run a water bobber on your main line, then a small bead, then tie on a small swivel. Tie a 4-6 foot leader to the swivel
and *then tie on a small eye thin wire hook. First I put a power egg on and run it up the line, then thread the power worm on. you want the worm on as straight as poss. with the hook comming out of the body about 1" from the tail. push the power egg down to the top of the worm. Thats it! You can add or subtract water to get the desired depth and be sure to have different colors of both the eggs and worms. Change up often to stay on the bite. Cast away and have fun! * *Kevin

fulltroutjones
06-26-2006, 10:52 PM
i fished them drifting *with a split shot 18 " from the hook, the worm (brown)threaded on the hook just over the eye and then put the egg(white) on.with a full worm the fish would sometimes bite below the hook and really tug *at it til it ripped off.they also worked with just barely a 1 inch piece of worm with power egg.i really think the fish love that smell.
* *although nothing is better than drifting a worm with out weight down a stream,i have to say these worms impressed me after spending a year in my fishing vest..
*Thanks for the tips guys ,i will definitely try those tecniques on my next trip.