PDA

View Full Version : Shaver ramp expansion

Trolling Scotsman
06-26-2006, 07:18 PM
The new ramp at Shaver is fantastic! Now if we can just get new lines painted in the parking area. Last Saturday when, I tried to get my truck tp trailer my boat, there were so many vehicles parked in the drive lanes of the parking lot that I was totally blocked in and had a heck of a time finding a way to get out.

Jim

Jeff_Mott
06-26-2006, 08:16 PM
Did they improve the dock too? In the past there wasn't hardly any cleats to tie your boat if launching alone.

mtalley
06-26-2006, 08:32 PM
I didn't notice any more places to tie up but now you launch from each side of the dock. It could use a little more turn around area but that may be in the works. It sure was a lot faster on Sat., now if we can get rid of those people who can't back up!

Jeff_Mott
06-26-2006, 08:38 PM
No kidding. Here are the rules: Don't attempt to lauch your boat if it is not ready to launch. It is that simple. Any other members have some lauching rules for the launching impaired idiots we have seen?

mtalley
06-26-2006, 08:42 PM
Yeah, the best time to try to teach your wife to back the boat down the launch is not a busy summer Saturday morning at Shaver!

Jeff_Mott
06-26-2006, 08:47 PM
Nothing I have seen is worse than opening day of Salmon Season at Moss Landing. I'm sure she did just fine.

mtalley
06-26-2006, 08:50 PM
I wasn't talking about my wife, I was talking about guys I have seen yelling at there wives at the launch. ;D

Jeff_Mott
06-26-2006, 08:55 PM
Got it! I don't have a wife so I don't have to worry. I just have to worry about the dock having cleats for now.

Ironhead
06-26-2006, 09:39 PM
The new side has cleats down it but it is sure hard to back around there right now. I know they are putting in a new bathroom at the top and hopefully painting/stripping the lines. I always try to park so I can get out just for that reason. As with hook set, two things that create problems for me. The parking spaces are not long enough to park in because of the length of our boats & trucks and you can not even fit your boat between the poles on the old side of the ramp. I have got plenty of dock marks on my boat because of there stupidity. I won't even get into the idiots who can not back up. Just plane rude...

Ironhead